DIY Privacy for Your Windows

Are you looking for a way to add privacy to your windows without sacrificing the natural light that shines in? I've got a great DIY for you!
All you need is a scissor, posterboard and contact paper. Yes, clear contact paper!
My windows have the leaded glass on top with a square/diamond shape in them, so I wanted the bottom half of my windows to match this pattern. You can do any shape, any pattern, words, pictures - whatever you'd like.
First, decide on what you want your design to look like. If you want to experiment a bit, draw it out on scrap paper first and then once you have your final design, trace that design onto the poster board and then cut it out. Using a heavier paper like poster board will make it easier for tracing your pattern onto the contact paper. Trace out your shape\pattern onto the contact paper and then cut it out. REMEMBER that if you are using words or if you want a specific picture, if you are tracing on the back of the contact paper, once you apply them your image/words will be reversed.
Once you have all of your shapes cut out on the contact paper you are ready to start applying them. Peel off the backing and start sticking them on. With my layout, I started right in the center and worked my way out to all the sides. Again, where you start will depend on what design you have chosen to use.
That's it!
This is a picture from the outside looking in. Isn't it fabulous?! I still have the same amount of light coming through my windows, but now I can keep those nosy eyes out ;)
Visit CrazyDiyMom for this DIY and more that even you can do!

• Contact paper
  • Poster board

3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
Jennifer | CrazyDiyMom

• Vera

I have an arc shape window in my bedroom. What can i use to keep the sun out.

• Jennifer | CrazyDiyMom

You could do this in any shape window. It will diffuse the light, yet not block it out completely. It would just depend on your preference since its your bedroom.

• Pip

Looks great! Love the pattern to match the upper portion of the windows.

• Emily M. Walsh

I think this is a very creative idea and since I do professional estate sales, I will do this as an example for my customers. I have never had an in home estate sale where there aren't any cake or pie pans.