Art is beauty
Art is beauty
  • Jenison, MI

A Kid Ravaged Dresser Turned #vintage School House Style Dresser

Check out the latest MAKEOVER. A kid ravaged dresser turned Schoolhouse style dresser.
This dresser had seen better days, but after a little paint and some elbow grease I was able to bring it back to its BEAUTIFUL glory!

LINK http://arttisbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/11/kid-ravaged-to-vintage-school-house.html
The finished dresser. Ready to shine
The finished dresser. Ready to shine
The before. Structurally it was sound...but looks wise????
someone had some fun with crayons
someone had some fun with crayons
after finding out I was out of sand paper for my sander I decided to paint the top instead of sanding and staining.
the top getting a  coat of CeCe Caldwells Virginia Chestnut
the top getting a coat of CeCe Caldwells Virginia Chestnut
after cleaning the handles with ammonia it gave them this amazing patina. I decided to coat them with spray poly so they would stay like this.
after the paint dried I wax and buffed it to a beautiful shine. It gives the appearance of wood.
The finished school house dresser.
The finished school house dresser.
Art is beauty

• Ann

Great idea! How did you get the turquoise paint to match the globe? Did you take your globe into the paint store? 👍👍👍👍👍