Small Kitchen Magical Makeover

1 Material
$5000

This whole project started because I bought a cornflower blue stand mixer! I was planning on doing a massive renovation in a few years by expanding the kitchen into the back yard. I figured I was looking at tens of thousands to do so and I was trying to save up for it. I'm so happy with how this project turned out, now I can save that money for another project!

My tiny ugly brown kitchen with my new mixer!

My kitchen opens up to a strange small dining area where the fridge is located. I call it a nook more than a dining room. I decided I was going to turn it into a little sitting area since we never sit in the nook the way it is.

Boring dining area (nook)

I was going to do most of the work my self by painting the kitchen cabinets and walls. I was also going to line my cabinets and drawers with some fantastic high grade wrapping paper and seal with Mod Podge (intended for exterior furniture). I managed to get one cabinet done and then was hit with my first bout of vertigo (what a horrible experience!). Thankfully I have a fantastic contractor/ carpenter who helps me when I need him. So I gave him a jingle and he came running with his helper to save the day!

The one cabinet I completed!

My re-lined drawers

The whole project took about a week. My guys finished painting the cabinets, primed and painted the doors, painted the walls (Behr "glass of milk"), attached all the hardware and even built me a new side counter with a recycling station and some shelves!

Before

It's already looking better!

I had already ordered new counter tops because ours were chipped, stained and absolutely gross. I did not have the budget to put in the quartz counters I wanted, so I decided to put in "woolamai brush matte" laminate that actually turned out to be perfect!

I decided to turn the nook into a little sitting area. We never eat in this area so this was a great way to re-utilize the space. I found a fantastic re-done settee that tied the colours in perfectly and a funky table that I painted with chalk paint.

Love this table!

I decided to have a "vintage seed packet" theme. I printed off some photos and mod podged them onto some small boards and put painted laser cut frames on them.

Some of these ended up on walls and some I attached to painted crates that go above the cabinets for additional storage

After finding some great "final touches" like vintage tins, hand painted signs, mirrors and a blingy clock,I could put it all together! We are absolutely thrilled with the end result! I'm amazed how much brighter and bigger the kitchen looks! I cannot thank Mark enough for saving the day and making it turn out way better than I expected!

• Behr Marqee in "Glass of Milk", primer, kitchen grade cabinet paint, knobs and drawer pulls  (Home Depot)
  • Knobs and pulls  (Home Depot)

Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Memorial Day Crafts
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings

To see more: https://www.hometalk.com/37447312/creating-a-stone-mosaic-front-garden-path

• Sunshine
    Sunshine

Thanks! I love blue and white and you gave me so many ideas. Your kitchen looks great! 💙

• Linda
    Linda

My daughter’s name was Kendal...and her last name began with a “K”, too....cute kitchen!