Grow Garlic in a Container

We've recently moved into a new home with no backyard. While we are still putting in the landscape, I didn't have a place to plant garlic.
Instead, I chose to plant it in a container and not miss out on fresh garlic next summer.
grow garlic in a container, container gardening, gardening, Growing garlic in a container is as easy as it gets
Growing garlic in a container is as easy as it gets.
grow garlic in a container, container gardening, gardening, Add some potting soil to any container Really Anything will work for this
Add some potting soil to any container. Really! Anything will work for this.
grow garlic in a container, container gardening, gardening, Plant the garlic pointy side up about twice its depth
Plant the garlic pointy side up about twice its depth.
grow garlic in a container, container gardening, gardening, In one week these guys popped up That s how easy it is
In one week these guys popped up. That's how easy it is.
grow garlic in a container, container gardening, gardening, Once June rolls around my back porch will be covered in drying garlic
Once June rolls around, my back porch will be covered in drying garlic.
grow garlic in a container, container gardening, gardening, Fresh garlic anyone
Fresh garlic, anyone!
The Seasoned Homemaker

2 questions on this project

• Lori
    Feb 15, 2016

Not sure how you get garlic the size of the ones shown. I have tried this for 3 years in a row now with containers 24 inches deep. They never get more than 7" tall, and no heads at all when harvested. Planted this last batch the last week in Oct. 2015, right now about 6" high.

• Glenda Mangan
    Jun 06, 2016

4 or 5 garlic cloves, 2 or 3 tbls of habenaro pepper sauce ( or fresh peppers, the hotter the better), crush garlic cloves, place in 2 cups very hot water, add peppers, & let in steep until it's cooled . place cooled mixtre in a blender & blend very well, strain it into a 1 gallon container & fill the rest of the way with water. put in a spray bottle or sprayer. if use fresh peppers chop them coarsely. be sure to wear rubber gloves