Grow Garlic in a Container

We've recently moved into a new home with no backyard. While we are still putting in the landscape, I didn't have a place to plant garlic.
Instead, I chose to plant it in a container and not miss out on fresh garlic next summer.
Growing garlic in a container is as easy as it gets.
Add some potting soil to any container. Really! Anything will work for this.
Plant the garlic pointy side up about twice its depth.
In one week these guys popped up. That's how easy it is.
Once June rolls around, my back porch will be covered in drying garlic.
Fresh garlic, anyone!
Fresh garlic, anyone!
The Seasoned Homemaker

• Connie Dunlap

when do you plant in OCT?

• Kin28651014

Going todo it now I’m in Mo..about to start my gardening alright to start now in house w other starters? Put on my (hot/Sunny ) ) ).deck or garden better? Thank-you motivated

• Lori

Not sure how you get garlic the size of the ones shown. I have tried this for 3 years in a row now with containers 24 inches deep. They never get more than 7" tall, and no heads at all when harvested. Planted this last batch the last week in Oct. 2015, right now about 6" high.

• Glenda Mangan

4 or 5 garlic cloves, 2 or 3 tbls of habenaro pepper sauce ( or fresh peppers, the hotter the better), crush garlic cloves, place in 2 cups very hot water, add peppers, & let in steep until it's cooled . place cooled mixtre in a blender & blend very well, strain it into a 1 gallon container & fill the rest of the way with water. put in a spray bottle or sprayer. if use fresh peppers chop them coarsely. be sure to wear rubber gloves