The Pond Gnome
The Pond Gnome
  • Peoria, AZ

Kitty Outdoor Arena

"We moved from a very private, quiet street in Scottsdale to a 1 acre property in Paradise Valley, surrounded by acres of empty desert. Our kitties were used to being outside during the daytime hours in Scottsdale, but here in PV it was too dangerous for both the cats & the wildlife (bunnies, birds, squirrels, etc). We built a kitty enclosure and wanted something to entertain the cats plus give them fresh drinking water. The Pond Gnome was the only vendor we could find who would do a fresh water pond. These guys were amazing! We never expected the artistry, not only in the design, but in the building of the pond. I watched as rocks were moved around multiple times to get just the right effect of water falling (the sound is soooo relaxing!), and the best appearance for sunlight and evening hours. The Pond Gnome answered all our questions, brought us beautiful plants, tended to the pond until it was just right, gave me all instructions necessary, helped us know when & what kind of fish to get, plus how to care for them.... A phenomenal experience for us. The thing is, not only do the cats LOVE their pond, but we do too! We had no idea how often we would sit in the enclosure with the kitties, watch the fish, relax with the waterfall sound, and completely enjoy ourselves. Amazing! We absolutely love it.... my husband, me, and all 16 of our rescued kitty cats. (Note: The enclosure isn't finished. There are plans for upgrading the sides, putting in other cat toys, etc., but these pics give a good idea of the pond.) THANK YOU POND GNOME!!!" ~ Tom & Liz, very happy Pond Gnome clients.
Kitty paradise!
Kitty paradise!
Before
Before
Before
Before
A closer look
A closer look
Always entertaining
Always entertaining
Don't jump!
Don't jump!
"May I help you?"
"May I help you?"

• Marion Nesbitt

First, I want to commend you for your compassion in saving 16 abandoned, lost, homeless felines. Secondly, your enclosure is fantastic. Took my daughter several years to "escape-proof" her yard so her 5 found/adopted could enjoy the outdoors! Didn't have the money to do anything this great, but added more height to her fence (it's now illegal!) and planted Virginia creeper all along it - the "kids" don't seem to want to climb in it!.

• DORLIS

My main concern is not keeping the cats in, but coons, possum, etc out. Coons especially can destroy almost anything. A farmer who raises phesant and chuckers had to bury shingles 6" under the soil and extend them 18 " out from his enclosures. Coons will stop digging when they come to the shingles.