Asked on Nov 20, 2016

How can I repurpose an old wooden ammo box?

Sandi LoweHayden ScharrerJohnchip
+10

I have an old ammunition box and would like to use it for something in the house. Any ideas?
  • Stephen Scott Johnson
    Stephen Scott Johnson

Is it the metal kind or wooden kind? I've seen several ideas on Pinterest. You could add partitions inside and convert it to store other things like tools, or maybe a first aid kit.

• Cally
    Cally

My dad sanded, stained and varnished some wooden ammo boxes. added shelves inside and a white ceramic knob outside. it hangs vertically over our toilet for TP, etc. It's lovely!

• Johnchip
    Johnchip

Ammo box sounds fitting for bathroom toilet paper holdings.

• Hayden Scharrer
    Hayden Scharrer

I have seen so many of these repurposed as a shelf! Just add sawtooth hangars to the back and hang it on your wall!

• Sandi Lowe
    Sandi Lowe

There are two unique ideas. One is to turn it into a coffee table. Simply paint portions and sand others. Add large wheels on it. Have one in m y living room and love it. Another ideas is to turn it on it's side with top opening from the top and make it into a bar. You can put it on top of an old iron table base or just a narrow table. Add wine glass shelves inside. These are selling for over $200 in shops. Good luck!

• Sandi Lowe
      Sandi Lowe

I assume you text. If so, send me your phone number and I can text you a picture of my coffee table. I saw the bar idea on Flea Market Flip a few weeks ago, so do not have a picture of it.

• Sandi Lowe
    Sandi Lowe

Do not need phone number. Go on Pinterest and in search engine type Ammunition Box. You won't believe all the ideas!