DIY Flocked Wreath

I was debating last year whether to trade out my old tree for a new one, or just revamp it with some Sno-Flock. My frugal husband encouraged me to work with our existing tree, so I Flocked My Own Tree . I was SO happy with how it turned out, I decided to do more flocking this year!
I picked up a $5 wreath at Michael’s and was ready to get to work! (It was originally $10, marked down to 50% off – LOVE when that happens!)
The only supplies needed to do the “flocking” are:
- Sno-Flock (I have the 5 lb bag because I love flocking anything and everything – but if you’re just going to do a small project, you’ll be totally fine with the 1 lb bag)
- Spray Bottle with Water
- Strainer/Colander
The wreath I started with was pretty average. Nothing special, which is TOTALLY OK! I spent $5 on this wreath, but the Sno-Flock will make it look like a million bucks!
First I sprayed a generous coat of water on the wreath. This created a base for the Sno-Flock to stick to the wreath.
I took a few scoops of Sno-Flock and put it in my strainer. Then I sifted the strainer and sprayed the water bottle while the Sno-Flock fell like snow! The first time I did this, I thought it was going to be a huge mess – I was SO wrong! A single garbage bag acting as a tarp did the trick for an easy clean up on this wreath project. (Quick and easy clean up is always a win in my book!) I should also mention I did this in the garage – if you do it outside I would do it on a calm (not windy) day.
I gave it another top coat spray of water to make sure that it really hardened when it dried.
After the Sno-Flock had completely dried and hardened, I began decorating. I added plastic ornaments and attached them to the wreath with wire. I found some fun and festive plaid ribbon that I added to finish it off.
Flocking is SO much easier (and cleaner) than I thought it would be, and I’m officially HOOKED! I already have a stock pile of Christmas Decorations that are begging for some fresh “snow” – I can’t wait!
Be sure to click the link below for more easy DIY ideas!

3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
The Cofran Home

• Carol Euverman
    Carol Euverman

We're do I buy snow flock in Canada?
  • Renaie Hutzel
    Renaie Hutzel

Have you tried using the can snow flock. Wouldn’t that eliminate the watering step. Just wondering. Your wreath is gorgeous!
  • Jet32859432
    Jet32859432

Oh will certainly try this! Michaels here I come. I think the flat spray paint would work only if you already had texture (flocking) on the wreath?

• Zsuzsanna Martin
    Zsuzsanna Martin

Yes I would after all I usually put my tree up on Halloween.I love a different tree every year Great idea..I will try that this year ..only Iwant to get a gold tree and flock it ...

• Joanie
    Joanie

Simply beautiful!!