DIY Flocked Wreath

I was debating last year whether to trade out my old tree for a new one, or just revamp it with some Sno-Flock. My frugal husband encouraged me to work with our existing tree, so I Flocked My Own Tree . I was SO happy with how it turned out, I decided to do more flocking this year!
I picked up a $5 wreath at Michael’s and was ready to get to work! (It was originally $10, marked down to 50% off – LOVE when that happens!)
The only supplies needed to do the “flocking” are:
- Sno-Flock (I have the 5 lb bag because I love flocking anything and everything – but if you’re just going to do a small project, you’ll be totally fine with the 1 lb bag)
- Spray Bottle with Water
- Strainer/Colander
The wreath I started with was pretty average. Nothing special, which is TOTALLY OK! I spent $5 on this wreath, but the Sno-Flock will make it look like a million bucks!
First I sprayed a generous coat of water on the wreath. This created a base for the Sno-Flock to stick to the wreath.
I took a few scoops of Sno-Flock and put it in my strainer. Then I sifted the strainer and sprayed the water bottle while the Sno-Flock fell like snow! The first time I did this, I thought it was going to be a huge mess – I was SO wrong! A single garbage bag acting as a tarp did the trick for an easy clean up on this wreath project. (Quick and easy clean up is always a win in my book!) I should also mention I did this in the garage – if you do it outside I would do it on a calm (not windy) day.
I gave it another top coat spray of water to make sure that it really hardened when it dried.
After the Sno-Flock had completely dried and hardened, I began decorating. I added plastic ornaments and attached them to the wreath with wire. I found some fun and festive plaid ribbon that I added to finish it off.
Flocking is SO much easier (and cleaner) than I thought it would be, and I’m officially HOOKED! I already have a stock pile of Christmas Decorations that are begging for some fresh “snow” – I can’t wait!
Be sure to click the link below for more easy DIY ideas!

The Cofran Home

• Carol Euverman

We're do I buy snow flock in Canada?
  • Renaie Hutzel

Have you tried using the can snow flock. Wouldn’t that eliminate the watering step. Just wondering. Your wreath is gorgeous!
  • Jet32859432

Oh will certainly try this! Michaels here I come. I think the flat spray paint would work only if you already had texture (flocking) on the wreath?

• Zsuzsanna Martin

Yes I would after all I usually put my tree up on Halloween.I love a different tree every year Great idea..I will try that this year ..only Iwant to get a gold tree and flock it ...

• Joanie

Simply beautiful!!