Julie J
Julie J
  • Massillon, OH

Vintage Sheet Music Wreaths

1.5 Hours

One of my favorite decorations in my home are the vintage sheet music wreaths. I saw them on other creative blogs and wanted to try for myself. I'm glad I did. I've been making them for a couple years now, and sell some locally as wells as gifts. Do you make these too?
Love the paper. The patina is so pretty, and the paper is soft. A little brittle in points and some trimming is necessary.
I like to make the cones so the name of the page shows. This paper was especially pretty as it had some age and wear.
Cones in progress. I always twist the cone and then hot glue the seam.
This is a larger wreath measuring 26" across. I trimmed that one odd cone sticking out of the top. I was trying to fill a space. Fail.
This wreath is about 16" across. I do try to stack the cones so all the points are oriented in the same direction. I try... didn't say it always works out!
For the back, I cut a cardboard, circle  cover with a coordinating page. I try to find something interesting in case it's hanging on a mirror. Please ignore the goofed up cone with all the glue showing. Not sure what I was thinking!
For the back, I cut a cardboard, circle cover with a coordinating page. I try to find something interesting in case it's hanging on a mirror. Please ignore the goofed up cone with all the glue showing. Not sure what I was thinking!
the back of a wreath. I poke a hole and loop the string or ribbon through before adding cones. Saves some time and aggravation.
vintage sheet music wreaths, crafts, repurposing upcycling

• Julie J

Cynthia E I don't have a blog and did not give directions... I know, get with the program already! I will work on that and let you know when I have it together. Sorry for the inconvenience:(

• Barbara

Find vintage music in your local Antique Stores! There are so many treasures to be found in these stores!!!