Sue Eldred
Sue Eldred
  • Washington, IL

Festive 3 Tier Stand Using Thrift Store Dishes

$10

Create an elegant Holiday serving stand… using random thrift store dishes and a Dollar Store candlestick. Imagine this filled with yummy deserts and treats.
festive 3 tier stand using thrift store dishes
The idea of using plates for stands has been around for awhile. This is my take on the idea for the Holidays. My Festive stand was recently featured in Craft Ideas 2016 Holiday Issue.
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
Step # 1 Clean and dry dishes.  Wipe areas where adhesive will be applied with rubbing alcohol to remove any oil left on glass from handling.
Step #2 Run a thin line of Beacon Glass, Metal & More Premium Permanent Glue, 2-Ounce on the top of the glass candlestick and adhere to the bottom of the medium plate.  Let dry.
Step #3 Place jingle bells into glass cordial.
Run thin line of adhesive on top of glass cordial. 
Adhere to bottom of the smallest plate.  Let dry.
Step #4 Adhere bottom of glass cordial to center of the medium plate.
Step #5 Adhere bottom of glass candlestick to top center of largest plate.
TIP… Use as three separate pieces or adhere together to create one elegant serving stand.

For more easy DIY projects, click on the link below and 'Follow' along to be sure you don't miss one!

Sue Eldred

• Julia Cummins

Love the idea, but I'm short on storage space, is there some other type of adhesive that could be used so I could disassemble after use to store away for the next party?

• Roxanne R

I have purchased sticky dots in the past to use cuz they are almost invisible. You might be able to find them at Hobby Lobby or Michael’s or check on line. What it looks like is when you buy a new pan and you have a label attached to the pan, it’s just like that, or how gift cards are attached to the paper hanger and all you need to do is rub it and it peaks right off. Try it, it should work. 👍

• Lyn Brown

Think I could use plastic and use diff color plates..

• Jewellmartin

i just got some glass paint I'm dying to use. I think I could paint the candlestick red, and add red marbles to the cordial glass. Red will go with about any holiday except St. Patrick's Day. Even for Halloween, which I really make about Autumn, I can use this with red, yellow, orange, green, and brown leaves. Thanks for the inspiration! 😇
  • Shui Haber

What type of plates did you use for this project?

• Jeanne Johnson Ortego

I saw those very same plates at a thrift store today! Wish that I'd seen your post earlier! Will go back this weekend.

• Glenda

I do this every year and use clear plates, small , medium & large. I use small juice glasses to separate tiers & fill the glasses with battery tea lights, greenery, etc. I use hot glue to attach the plates, so I can dismantle and store all my parts until I need them again.

• Anna of 4

I go to Goodwill all the time and I'm a very crafty person. I love this, I could do this for my mom aND daughters, so it could be useId year round. I would replace the bells for maybe some potpourri.