Misty Gaines-Johnson
Misty Gaines-Johnson
  • Tutorial Team
  • Wittmann, AZ

Dresser Turned Media Console Fireplace

So I paid $20 for this dresser and mirror. It was in decent shape so I figured I would sand and throw some chalk paint on it and resell for a good profit.
dresser turned media console fireplace, fireplaces mantels, painted furniture
Painted with antique white chalk paint and stained the top.
The more I looked at the more the wheels in my mind kept on turning. I had been looking at the media fireplaces and wanted one but they were so expensive.
I cut out the middle drawers and put in a electric fireplace insert($119). I sold the mirror half of the piece for $20. I absolutely love it and it works beautifully.
Before
Before
It says $40 but he took $20
After
After

• Chalk paint, stain and an electric fireplace insert

• Sammy

I want to do this in my built in wood cabinet below my tv is that safe?

• Misty Gaines-Johnson

I would read all the info on the fireplace insert you buy. My TV hangs abouve mine and I have had no problems, going on 3years now

• Tracey

Were did the free standing fireplace come from?

• Marika

You are a genius. Wish I saw before I bought my electric fireplace. Do you have to do something on the inside before putting in the insert, for safety reason? Thank you for sharing. Love it

• Donnieblue

This is wonderful! This is fake fire ,people!my Daughter has a freestanding unit and you just flick a switch,adds lots of ambiance without the trouble!However, I should ask her about her electric bill!

• Misty Gaines-Johnson

Electric bill is not an issue, I can use just the flames with no heat for a cozy feeling and when using the heat it is just for a little warming up, it is not the main source of heat in my home.

• Ney86

That can be done with most fireplaces! Dt always have to use the heat!!!