Dresser Turned Media Console Fireplace

So I paid $20 for this dresser and mirror. It was in decent shape so I figured I would sand and throw some chalk paint on it and resell for a good profit.
Painted with antique white chalk paint and stained the top.
The more I looked at the more the wheels in my mind kept on turning. I had been looking at the media fireplaces and wanted one but they were so expensive.
I cut out the middle drawers and put in a electric fireplace insert($119). I sold the mirror half of the piece for $20. I absolutely love it and it works beautifully.
Before
It says $40 but he took $20
After

Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time

• Mary
    Mary

I made one sort of similar. It's not finished yet. I would like to know if the fireplace in it draws a lot of power?

• Jenae Guy
    Jenae Guy

Hello. I know this is late but how did you cut into the dresser? What did you use? How did you keep the upper side drawers in place after you cut into it?

Thank you

• Leanne Haden Shelley
    Leanne Haden Shelley

Did you have to sand the entire piece before painting, to get the finish off?

• MJ
    MJ

We have enjoyed ours for several years. The “fire place” uses 110. We are limited in TV size. I see you have more options with your design!!

• Mary
    Mary
    Just now

Your piece is very beautiful. You did an awesome job on it.