Dresser Turned Media Console Fireplace

So I paid $20 for this dresser and mirror. It was in decent shape so I figured I would sand and throw some chalk paint on it and resell for a good profit.
Painted with antique white chalk paint and stained the top.
The more I looked at the more the wheels in my mind kept on turning. I had been looking at the media fireplaces and wanted one but they were so expensive.
I cut out the middle drawers and put in a electric fireplace insert($119). I sold the mirror half of the piece for $20. I absolutely love it and it works beautifully.
Before
It says $40 but he took $20
After

• Chalk paint, stain and an electric fireplace insert

• Mary

I made one sort of similar. It's not finished yet. I would like to know if the fireplace in it draws a lot of power?

• Jenae Guy

Hello. I know this is late but how did you cut into the dresser? What did you use? How did you keep the upper side drawers in place after you cut into it?

Thank you

• Leanne Haden Shelley

Did you have to sand the entire piece before painting, to get the finish off?

• Judy

heaters should have space around it. this might not be safe.

• Ida9464

It depends on the heater. Some blow out the back, some the top, sknecfront, some have option to have just for ambience, not for heat. Like the post said, read everything about your fireplace you purchase. Remember, some are recessed in walls...

• Janice

Yes I will do this project love it..