Easy Reclaimed Wood Farmhouse Tray

As a challenge my friends and I were to create something from a piece of reclaimed wood. I had an old pine bookshelf that my husband and I made about 30 years ago that was no use anymore but the wood was useful.
That's where I decided to use a piece of it and make an elevated tray, farmhouse style!
All I needed were two drawer pulls from my furniture building stash. Four premade legs, from Lowe's, and four 3" wood screws.
To start, I dipped the legs in a gallon of stain and wiped off excess.
And allowed them to dry.
I sanded my reclaimed wood board and drilled holes for the legs to go on. Then screwed the legs to the board.
Then measured for the handles, drilled holes, and attached them.
It was super easy to do!
And the tray is very functional. It can be used on the table as a server, in the livingroom as a busy tray, or for snacking, tablet use, or even as a bed tray!
Because of the so many uses, I'll need to make a few more. Each family member can have one.
I like the style for the kitchen.

Robin @ Redo It Yourself Inspirations

• Daisy

Very inspired by your project, really want to make my own real soon. Can you tell me where you purchased those wooden bowls? Really liked those as well, thanks so much for sharing your ideas. Looking forward to your future projects.

Daisy,🌼

• Douglas

I have seen bowls like this a Pottery Barn, and Kohls, you could possibly try places like Hobby Lobby, Michael's, or other craft stores

• Vickie

what is the measurement of the shelf you used? I live less than a mile from Lowes and I am headed there for the legs :)

• Mari

Does the tray need to have a lip just in case the food wont roll off the tray?

• Gail

This shelf would be excellent for a double row of standing books, one row behind the other, on a shelf that is too deep for just one row of books. The back row would be the one raised up so it can be seen behind the front row of books. Especially good for saving space on your book "case" shelving, preventing you from having to buy more shelving units. Good on the budget too.

• Jane

Really cute. I could see using this idea in several places in my home with different variations on this crafty tray. Thanks for sharing!

• Maude LaFountain

Now this is one of the best idea's I have seen on here in a long time .....I like this could even make it longer to go on my craft table oh yeah I can see that for sure ...I have the legs and I have scrap wood ....thanks for posting gonna save this one for sure