Easy Reclaimed Wood Farmhouse Tray

213K Views
As a challenge my friends and I were to create something from a piece of reclaimed wood. I had an old pine bookshelf that my husband and I made about 30 years ago that was no use anymore but the wood was useful.
That's where I decided to use a piece of it and make an elevated tray, farmhouse style!
  • easy reclaimed wood farmhouse tray
All I needed were two drawer pulls from my furniture building stash. Four premade legs, from Lowe's, and four 3" wood screws.
  • easy reclaimed wood farmhouse tray
To start, I dipped the legs in a gallon of stain and wiped off excess.
And allowed them to dry.
  • easy reclaimed wood farmhouse tray
I sanded my reclaimed wood board and drilled holes for the legs to go on. Then screwed the legs to the board.
  • easy reclaimed wood farmhouse tray
Then measured for the handles, drilled holes, and attached them.
  • easy reclaimed wood farmhouse tray
  • easy reclaimed wood farmhouse tray
It was super easy to do!
  • easy reclaimed wood farmhouse tray
And the tray is very functional. It can be used on the table as a server, in the livingroom as a busy tray, or for snacking, tablet use, or even as a bed tray!
  • easy reclaimed wood farmhouse tray
Because of the so many uses, I'll need to make a few more. Each family member can have one.
  • easy reclaimed wood farmhouse tray
I like the style for the kitchen.

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of June 11, 2018 11:59 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Robin @ Redo It Yourself Inspirations