Easy Reclaimed Wood Farmhouse Tray

As a challenge my friends and I were to create something from a piece of reclaimed wood. I had an old pine bookshelf that my husband and I made about 30 years ago that was no use anymore but the wood was useful.
That's where I decided to use a piece of it and make an elevated tray, farmhouse style!
easy reclaimed wood farmhouse tray
All I needed were two drawer pulls from my furniture building stash. Four premade legs, from Lowe's, and four 3" wood screws.
easy reclaimed wood farmhouse tray
To start, I dipped the legs in a gallon of stain and wiped off excess.
And allowed them to dry.
easy reclaimed wood farmhouse tray
I sanded my reclaimed wood board and drilled holes for the legs to go on. Then screwed the legs to the board.
easy reclaimed wood farmhouse tray
Then measured for the handles, drilled holes, and attached them.
easy reclaimed wood farmhouse tray
easy reclaimed wood farmhouse tray
It was super easy to do!
easy reclaimed wood farmhouse tray
And the tray is very functional. It can be used on the table as a server, in the livingroom as a busy tray, or for snacking, tablet use, or even as a bed tray!
easy reclaimed wood farmhouse tray
Because of the so many uses, I'll need to make a few more. Each family member can have one.
easy reclaimed wood farmhouse tray
I like the style for the kitchen.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 10, 2018 11:24 PM - More info
Robin @ Redo It Yourself Inspirations

1 question on this project