My Whimsical Wood Hoop Snowman

We decided to go with a mostly snowman theme for Christmas this year after purchasing this Snowman Top hat Tree topper. So I decided it was time to add a new snowman to the mix.
I picked up 2 wood hoops from the embroidery section while I was shopping.
Then I used a inexpensive Christmas Tree skirt that had glitter throughout, folded it in half and placed it into each hoop, then tightened the screws, and cut off the excess fabric.
Then I placed the hoops where I wanted to connect them, being sure to put the connections where I could easily cover them up, then I used my hot glue gun/glue stick to adhere them together. I probably used more glue than needed but I wanted a good bond and I knew I would be covering this area with a 'scarf'.
Using a scrap piece of fabric, I cut a long strip about 2 inches wide and tied it onto my snowman.
I tied a simple knot, but I did not tie it real tight as I wanted it large enough to hide the tightening mechanism. Then I simply cut the end of my 'scarf' to the length I wanted.
Next I got out some supplies to finish up my snowman. Tacky glue, a couple of buttons, orange and black puffy paint, scissors, a scrap piece of fabric in black/white polka dot print, and a scrap piece of cardboard.
I cut out a hat for my snowman, then used my tacky glue to glue my scrap fabric on my tophat. Cutting off the excess.
Then added my buttons.
The same way I made the hat, I decided this guy needed some boots.
Then I used my puffy paint to paint on his eyes, and carrot nose and I added a few other touches like a hat band, a heart on his scarf, and a patch on his hat.
You could paint the wooden hoops if you want, but I really like the look of the wood. Could also add mittens, or even twigs for arms.
He is snow much fun. :0)
If you are interested I have a fun Giveaway going on right now on my blog.
Check it out here.

25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
ClutteredCorkBoard

• Shi11009146

Love the snowman with lantern beside. Where can I buy lantern to sit with it?

• Joan

What size were the hoops,

• Barb

Any size will work as long as they are different sizes. As you are buying places together and see if you like how it looks. When you get the pair that you like, just purchase those. I made 3 different ones with all different size hoops. You can even make one with 3 varying size hoops. Let your imagination run wild.

• Debra

How do you make it stand up if you do not want to hang it?