DIY - Crackled Glass Look

I've always loved the look of crackled glass, and wanted to make my own. So after experimenting for a while, I've come up with a quick and easy effect to give my glass that crackled look!

For this project, you'll need a clean glass piece, Crayola crayons (gray and white), glitter glue and a clear, non-yellowing protective coating spray.

Using a gray crayon, draw vertical lines across the glass all the way around. Include lines at the bottom of the glass piece.

Next, draw arc shaped horizontal lines all the way around the glass piece.

Repeat the same process using a white crayon. Be sure to also draw lines on the lip of the glass.

After you've gotten the cracked pattern that you like, use glitter glue to paint sparkles all around the piece. Fill your paint brush what a good amount of glitter glue and paint in a crosshatch motion.

After the glue is completely dry, take the glass pieces outside and spray with two coats of a clear protective spray paint. Make sure your glass piece is completely covered with the spray protection, if not your glue and crayon effect will wash off with water.

When you're finished, you'll be able to enjoy the beautiful crackled glass look without the expense or having to blow glass!

Watch how I created these pieces!
Visit my website at yourhouseahometv.com and YouTube channel: youtube.com/c/yourhouseahometv for more inexpensive, creative home craft projects!

• Clean glass piece, your choice
  • Crayola crayons (gray and white)
  • Glitter glue  (Dollar Tree)

18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Everything Red For Canada Day
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut

• Kathy Dart
    Kathy Dart

I tried this project yesterday , made sure I had all the correct materials. After I did the lines with the crayons to look the way I wanted , I applied the glitter glue......it took the lines off of my glass piece. What did I do wrong ?

• Sue
    Sue

Can you use black instead of gray?

• Brandy L Terrell
    Brandy L Terrell

My windows on my front door have small cracks! Im going to try to wash and seal those and then try this on the glass pieces and seal it! Depending on privacy level I may try to add some frosted glass when all is done? Does this sound like a terrible idea? lol I'll take before and afters!

• Nathalie Blais
    Nathalie Blais

Absolutely awesome! Thank you.

• Lyn
    Lyn

Beautiful Can not wait to try this. Thank you for sharing and giving a wonderful calming video.