DIY - Crackled Glass Look

4 materials
I've always loved the look of crackled glass, and wanted to make my own. So after experimenting for a while, I've come up with a quick and easy effect to give my glass that crackled look!

For this project, you'll need a clean glass piece, Crayola crayons (gray and white), glitter glue and a clear, non-yellowing protective coating spray.

Using a gray crayon, draw vertical lines across the glass all the way around. Include lines at the bottom of the glass piece.

Next, draw arc shaped horizontal lines all the way around the glass piece.

Repeat the same process using a white crayon. Be sure to also draw lines on the lip of the glass.

After you've gotten the cracked pattern that you like, use glitter glue to paint sparkles all around the piece. Fill your paint brush what a good amount of glitter glue and paint in a crosshatch motion.

After the glue is completely dry, take the glass pieces outside and spray with two coats of a clear protective spray paint. Make sure your glass piece is completely covered with the spray protection, if not your glue and crayon effect will wash off with water.

When you're finished, you'll be able to enjoy the beautiful crackled glass look without the expense or having to blow glass!

Watch how I created these pieces!
Visit my website at yourhouseahometv.com and YouTube channel: youtube.com/c/yourhouseahometv for more inexpensive, creative home craft projects!

• Clean glass piece, your choice
  • Crayola crayons (gray and white)
  • Glitter glue   (Dollar Tree)

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 27 questions

Comments

2 of 122 comments
Next