Snowman Hanging Planter

1 Day

Well we have got our first taste of winter here in Canada and it isn't nice, but along with the cold comes the urge to decorate. If anyone has seen any of my posts I like to decorate for the entire season, not just Christmas, so when I was deciding to do my hanging baskets of greenery I automatically thought of snowmen!!!

Here's what you'll need:

• hanging baskets
  • paint
  • paintbrush
  • foam paper in black and orange
  • glue
  • sharpie
  • ribbon
  • scissors
  • plants
Paint
Paint

First step was to paint my hanging baskets. I had every intention of using spray paint but it is very cold here so I couldn't spray outdoors so I opted for using a can of primer and sealer for outdoors to do my baskets.

Draw Eyes and Noses
Draw Eyes and Noses

After the baskets were dry I took two pieces of foam paper in black and orange and drew eyes and carrot noses.

Add Eyes and Noses
Add Eyes and Noses

I glued them on with an outdoor glue and drew on a smile with a black permanent marker.

Add Ribbon
Add Ribbon

Next step is choosing two types of ribbon, one will go around the top and the other around the bottom like a scarf.

DIY Snowman Planter

So apply your glue to the top rim and add your ribbon.

Easy Snowman Planter

Here it is with the ribbon attached. I used a clip to hold it in place until the glue dried. Next step attach your ribbon around the bottom. I tied it over to look like a scarf.

Hanging Snowman Planter

Here's what it should look like when its finished.

Hang
Hang

And here is what it looks like with the greenery added. Aren't they adorable?

How do you decorate for the holidays? Let me know in the comments down below.

• Hanging baskets
  • Can of white exterior paint
  • 2 pieces of foam paper, orange and black

30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom

• Sandra elder
    Sandra elder

where did you get the snow flakes? I LOVE THIS IDEA

• Kate Bush
    Kate Bush

I have a lot of lovley hankies that belonged to my childrens Great Grandmother.and I would like to give one to each girl with something special pined on them or do something special with them as a memory. Any ideas

• Linda Jowers
      Linda Jowers

Not sure how this question landed here, but used 3 gift handkerchiefs from my aunts pinned around the wrapped stems on my daughter's wedding bouquet. Second wedding, gave special memories to her since all her great-aunts had passed away by then. Have pictures if anyone wants to see idea.

• Mary Parent
    Mary Parent

Love this project. How did you keep the greenery in the pots. Floral foam? Gravel? Dirt?

• Melanie
      Melanie

Hi Mary,I just filled them with soil from my garden. Happy New Year!

• Karen
    Karen

They are so cute! i had another idea instead of being exact alike face each snowman in the opposite direction sort of looking at each other on two separate hangers. and also on the top of one put the red ribbon and on the other put the plaid ribbon then do the same for the bottom . But i do love your idea!

• Karen
    Karen

yes!