How to Decorate a Planter Box for Christmas

Learn how to easily decorate your planter box for Christmas!
how to decorate a planter box for christmas, gardening, how to
I have really been into Christmas neutrals lately... give me all of the gold, whites, silvers with some natural elements mixed in such as pine, ivy, birch, etc. If you've been following along this blog for awhile, you'll know that I am just in love with the wooden planter box that my husband made for me last spring. I've been decorating it for every season, holiday, etc. WELL, I decided to decorate it for Christmas!
When I decided to decorate this box, I wanted to use the birch and acorn candle holders that I had already purchased from Hobby Lobby last year (they still carry them!). I didn't want to over-decorate the planter box and wanted to keep the decor simple. I decided that it needed a focal point and at first I wanted to find a deer that was laying down to place in the box, but I couldn't find one that would work. However, when I say this golden 'Joy' at Hobby Lobby, I KNEW it would make the perfect focal point for the table. I decided to 'hang' it on the taller birch candle and it lays on top of the back of the planter box. It works out PERFECTLY and I love seeing the word 'Joy' when I sit down at the table!
I knew I wanted a large white poinsettia placed in the box, but when I saw this gold one I was sold!
I have an 8 and 10 year old, so battery operated candles on the table are a must! It's amazing how natural these candles look, they even flicker.
You'll see I added some pine needles with glitter, some glittery white ornaments and a gold ornament (see my reflection? ha!).
I was really pleased how easy it was to decorate this planter box. You can find more ideas on how to decorate a planter box below.
Stop by the blog to see how to decorate this planter box for the fall and spring, too! Plus, I share the link with the instructions on how to make a planter box of your own!

• Wood  (floral)
  • Candles  (ornaments)
Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom