Overwintering plants - Hibiscus

+51
So it's time to start bringing in plants. I've not had much luck overwintering in the past and I could use some advice, so I thought, I'm on a role posting here lately, so might as well keep going. :-)
I got 2 gorgeous hibiscus trees around May and they bloomed and bloomed throughout the season. One seemed a little sickly and would drop leaves and shrivel up for whatever reason but they both held on. I brought them in last week after repotting, watering well and spraying for insects. I put them in the basement near a window. Very little sun gets through down there but it's the best I could do. Pictures below show how they are looking. Is this ok? I mean, I expect them to look crappy throughout the winter but we're just getting started. The soil is not dry ... it's moist and the leaves are crunchy. I plan to water very infrequently - maybe every 2-3 weeks or so? Any other suggestions to better my chances of keeping them alive until next year?
overwintering plants hibiscus, flowers, gardening, hibiscus, Before
Before
overwintering plants hibiscus, flowers, gardening, hibiscus
overwintering plants hibiscus, flowers, gardening, hibiscus, Now re potted and in place for overwintering
Now - re-potted and in place for overwintering
overwintering plants hibiscus, flowers, gardening, hibiscus, close up of 1st
close up of 1st
overwintering plants hibiscus, flowers, gardening, hibiscus, close up of 2nd
close up of 2nd