A Wrapping Station on Your Closet Door

$7

I don’t live in a very large house, but I’ve always wanted a wrapping station. Around the holidays, with all the gift wrapping I do for my kids, my nieces and nephews, my parents, my siblings, and my friends, you can imagine the amount of wrapping that happens. I wish I could have one on a cart, but I don't have room for that. So instead I made one that fits on the back of my closet door. It’s close enough to a table that I can grab the supplies I need, wrap the present, and clean-up very quickly. And I don't lose track of my wrapping supplies.
Here's what I did:
Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
I used command hooks, and a short curtain rod for the wrack itself. (Make sure you can fit the rod on your door without it sticking out.) I used ring clips and S hooks from Home Depot to hold my various supplies.
Step 2: Stick on Your Hooks
I followed the instructions on the hook package to securely stick my hooks to the back of my coat closet door. I usually wrap my presents in the kitchen, and our coat closet is nearby, so this was the perfect door to hang it on. I tried to keep it about even, judging with my eye. I didn’t make it perfectly straight, but that doesn't bother me. If you're OCD about things like this, use a level and ruler to measure out where the hooks should go. Then mark it with a pencil, and your hooks should be even and straight.
Step 3: Hang the Curtain Rod
Place the bar on the hooks.
Remember I told you that you should measure the rod first? My rod was a bit too long, and I only realized that after I hung it on the hooks. So I had to take it down, measure it, and then cut it with my dremel saw. If I didn't own a dremel, I probably would have taken a little more time to find one the right length. So if you don't have a saw, make sure to do this beforehand.
Step 4: Add Your Wrapping Supplies
After adding shower hook rings to the rod, I clipped on my wrapping paper. This keeps the wrapping paper from unrolling -- another great thing about this wrapping station.
See all of my wrapping paper?
I used S hooks to hold some of my other items, like bags, ribbons, and scissors. It allows the ribbons to spin freely, and I can easily grab the scissors whenever I need them.
I love how I can cut the ribbon without any hassle.
It's so neat and organized! It makes me want to wrap another present right now.

13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th

• Jacqueline

How did you put the hooks through your rolls of wrapping paper?

• Debbie Alkire

It looks like you have to poke a hole through all of the wrapping paper to hold it?? Is that how it hangs??

• Norma Brown

No, there are little clips on the rings. Just squeeze to open, then clip them over the top edge of the roll.

• Nicole

Oh I thought you'd put the rod inside the wrapping paper like a toilet paper roll and just pull the paper and cut to length .

• Mary Kay

Me four, that's what I would have done. I bought two plastic wrap paper holders (6 spots for tubes of wide paper, plus smaller pockets for ribbons, scizzors, etc and they are tucked into my spare closet. All I need now is to add that towel bar inside same closet door and I'm good to go!! thanks for the cutting rod idea!!

• Nicki Petruzzella Kerns

I have an old ironing board holder inside my linen closet door and used that for my wrapping paper instead of a curtain rod. I took an old pillow case, sewed several seams lengthwise to create about four or five channels, added hanging loops on either side of the open end with bias tape, and slipped it over the hooks on the ironing board holder. It holds five rolls of my most frequently used wrapping paper. I like your idea better, though!

• Heather

Scissors that close to kids, coats, and messy husbands. I think a far better solution is an under the bed container on wheels which is dust free and, free from messy fingers! the edges of wrapping paper will be accidentally ripped with all the closet in and out! Perhaps the bag stuffed on the floor of your closet, would be better. Your plan is inventive, but, not practical, in my opinion....