How to Make a Christmas Tree From a Book

$1.50

I love Christmas décor ideas and this one is a real winner. Using an old book that was falling apart, I made cute little Christmas trees. Now, I'm not one to usually destroy old books, but this was an old dictionary that we were going to throw out anyway. Now I turned them into adorable little Christmas trees that can go on our mantel.
Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
Pages from an old book, a paper towel roll, hot glue, and a star topper. You can cut out (or rip out) pages from any book, but I suggest that it be an old one you aren't going to touch. You can also top these trees with any number of things, but I chose a dollar store sparkly star.
Step 2: Roll Your Cones
Roll your paper into a cone by starting in the corner and tightly rolling it. You want the side you're rolling to be tight and the other side to be looser. By starting in the corner I was able to make the cone as long as possible.
Step 3: Glue it
Add a line of glue at the end of the cone and carefully press the page closed. Be very careful not to burn yourself; paper is very thin and is pretty hot when pressing it down. I use my nail so I wouldn't burn my fingertips.
I made about 30 cones, and it only took me 10 minutes. If you use a larger roll (like a wrapping paper roll or two paper towel rolls together) you're going to want double the amount.
Step 4: Build the Tree
Add a bit of glue to the tip of the cone and place it on the roll about ⅓ of the way up. I had to bend the tip of the cone a little, then I added glue to the bent part. Carefully press the part with the glue onto the roll.
Carefully continue this process around the roll.
I attached  three levels of pages. If your roll is taller, you’ll have to do more.
You may have to also adjust them a little to get it to look nice and full.
then add your topper to it. I like my star, but you could also use a big bow, or an ornament, or just about anything.
I can't wait to place this on my mantel. I think I'm going to make another smaller one to go with it.

• Hot glue
  • Paper towel roll
  • Pages

1 comment