Thrift Diving
Thrift Diving
  • Silver Spring, MD

BEFORE & AFTER: DIY Dresser Makeover: French Provincial Dresser

I think I’ve just set a new record: fastest DIY dresser makeover ever on this cute little French Provincial dresser!!
If you’ve been reading this blog for any length of time you’ll know that I’m infamous for lugging furniture and thrift store goodies home and hoarding letting it pile up in my garage for years.
It’s unheard of that I found this French Provincial dresser at the thrift store for a mere $40 and turned around and gave that baby a makeover so quickly!
before after diy dresser makeover french provincial dresser, painted furniture
Let’s Start With the Paint!
Beyond Paint recommends using a roller for best results and for reduced brush strokes. So you don’t have to feel like a putz because you don’t know how to do fancy, confusing furniture painting techniques! None of that is needed here.
They had sent me this Makeover Kit, which was awesome, because it had everything in it that I needed, including 1 quart of Soft Gray paint, a roller handle and two rollers, a paint brush, paint tray, and sandpaper! I didn’t have to go and buy anything else or dig around trying to find rollers and sandpaper.
You can use Beyond Paint on virtually any surface (wood, previously painted objects, plastic, laminate, cabinets, masonry, etc.).
Depending on the condition of your furniture piece, though, you might just have to do at least a small repair before you jump right in.
This French Provincial dresser is a great example.
It was in excellent condition but had a gouge on top.
To learn how I fixed that gouge, just head over to the blog post.
Taping Off the Moldings
Remember I painted my kitchen and told you about that Sensitive Surfaces tape?
Well, it came in handy for this project!
I didn’t want regular painter’s tape to pull off fresh paint, so this helped to keep the finish looking good.
Spray Painting French Provincial Dresser Pulls
Thankfully, I had some spray paint on hand to update the dresser pulls. I loved the crisp white!
AFTER!
With a little bit of paint, it’s soooooo cute and almost ready for my mother-in-law’s house after I get back from my blogging conference!!
If you want to see the "AFTER" you must visit my blog:
http://thriftdiving.com/before-after-diy-dresser-makeover-french-provincial-dresser/?utm_campaign=Social-Media&utm_medium=Before-Picture&utm_source=Hometalk
Want to see more "After" pictures of this dresser? Head over to my blog now. I bet you'll love the outcome. You can also see the complete instruction and how I fixed the gouge on top.
Thrift Diving

• Bonnie

What shade of paint did you use, and who was the manufacturer.

• Chantal Giroux

I received this vintage bedroom set from my great granmother...

I find it too dark for my guest’s bedroom !

How to use chalk paint and colors « blue/white » shades for a bright Queen Ann effect or look ?

See and give any suggestions or tutorials to achieve this DIY project please.

• See More
  • Ney86

Wheres the end result pic?

• Join the conversation

• Rose Ann Smargie

Please post an "after" picture with the "before" picture. Your blog address is extremely long and it would be nice to see the end result without having to go to your blog.

• Lorraine Castellon-Rowe

WOW!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the colors!!!

Next
    Prev