Jocie@OneProjectCloser
Jocie@OneProjectCloser
  • Ellicott City, MD

Plastic Spoon Christmas Trees

$5

Christmas is my favorite season and this is by far my favorite Christmas craft - Plastic Spoon Christmas trees. It takes only about 30 minutes to make and costs under $10, maybe less if you have spoons and paint left over from other projects! I bought a ton of plastic spoons from The Dollar Store and a paper mach tree cone from my local craft store. That, along with a hefty dose of hot glue, and a little spray paint, spoons have been transformed into a whimsical christmas display!

For full tutorial, more pictures including the finished product, and lots more DIY christmas tree ideas, visit the original post at http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/plastic-spoon-christmas-tree/

Plastic Spoon Trees are a unique and pretty way to decorate on the cheap for the holidays!
plastic spoon christmas trees, crafts, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
First, I cut off the heads of about 100 plastic spoons.
Then, I spray painted the backs and fronts with brown, black, and gold for texture.
Finally, I hot glued them onto a paper mache tree form, starting at the bottom and working my way upward.

• Plastic Spoons
  • Cardboard Tree Form
Jocie@OneProjectCloser

• Mmo5669367

Could you glue them to a styro foam tree?

• Darlene

I believe you can. However, the hot glue needs to be applied to the spoon not the foam tree directly and then attach it to the tree. The glue is a bit cooler on the foam if you do it this way.

• Gra7251749

Where picture of finished project?
  • Lisa Mode

Wouldn't it be easier to paint them before cutting them. ?

• Hilary Newton

Where do you get the paper mache tree?

• KP Callahan

Jackie, each Dollar Tree carries differing inventory. What one store carries, their 'sister stores' may not. You might want to scope out several stores - you may just find the normal sized silver spoons. Happy hunting!