Plastic Spoon Christmas Trees

$5

Christmas is my favorite season and this is by far my favorite Christmas craft - Plastic Spoon Christmas trees. It takes only about 30 minutes to make and costs under $10, maybe less if you have spoons and paint left over from other projects! I bought a ton of plastic spoons from The Dollar Store and a paper mach tree cone from my local craft store. That, along with a hefty dose of hot glue, and a little spray paint, spoons have been transformed into a whimsical christmas display!

For full tutorial, more pictures including the finished product, and lots more DIY christmas tree ideas, visit the original post at http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/plastic-spoon-christmas-tree/

Plastic Spoon Trees are a unique and pretty way to decorate on the cheap for the holidays!
First, I cut off the heads of about 100 plastic spoons.
Then, I spray painted the backs and fronts with brown, black, and gold for texture.
Finally, I hot glued them onto a paper mache tree form, starting at the bottom and working my way upward.

• Plastic Spoons
  • Cardboard Tree Form

31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Jocie@OneProjectCloser

• KP Callahan
    KP Callahan

Jackie, each Dollar Tree carries differing inventory. What one store carries, their 'sister stores' may not. You might want to scope out several stores - you may just find the normal sized silver spoons. Happy hunting!
  • Deborah Lawless Kinley
    Deborah Lawless Kinley

I maxed this last Christmas. I added snow on the tips of spoons and on another peals on the tips of another. Love these! Thanks