Asked on Nov 12, 2013

I need ideas!

Rose LineberryPeggy GamaEdna Hinty
+22

I have a couple of these antique horse/wagon things and am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to repurpose them...I've thought of using them as hooks/hangers, but anything else creative you can think of? They are about 3 feet long. Thanks!
  • Melinda
    Melinda

I think it would be cut just hung on a wall...above a window, above a door, above some pictures, Or you could could use it to hang pictures off of.

• Lauren Little
    Lauren Little

You could add some wire baskets and hooks and make a chandy or really neat pot holder, add wood and brackets and make shelf or add ribbon and thrift end picture frames and hang! :) hope this helps

• Debbie
    Debbie

Curtain rod or hang pictures from it or attach lights from it

• White Oak Studio Designs
    White Oak Studio Designs

Ah, a single tree. Most have hand forged metal rings too. These things are very heavy so you will want to make sure it is securely attached. I bought one for $5.00 and it hangs in my husband's blacksmith forge.

• Therese C
    Therese C

If you have a daughter, or guest room, I would suggest using one as the anchor for a canopy over an old bed? Or even let the curtains fall down the wall from one of these. Another idea is to put hooks across one and mount it to the wall for an interesting coat hook.

• Cyndie S
    Cyndie S

I'm seeing a square wreath or a picture or 2 hanging from it.

• Teresa Schroepfer
    Teresa Schroepfer

I like the idea of the pictures. Maybe like a picture molding. With them hung different heights, suspended from ribbons????

• Julie Moyna
    Julie Moyna

make a chandelier

• Judy Fazio
    Judy Fazio

Think I'd use for a flower pot hanger or for lights as already mentioned.

• The Homely Fowl
    The Homely Fowl

I would get a couple of old horse shoes and some rope .. hang the horse shoes on each side at different lengths. In the middle space (between the horse shoes) find an old antique-looking picture frame and place a picture of you and your significant other or your children or grandchildren. Either stencil directly to the wall or make a small sign that says something like, "Lucky to have you!" It would be great if you have rustic or country home decor. That's what I would do anyway! Post pics of whatever you decide to do! I will be curious!

• Connie
    Connie

I would use it to make a pot rack.

• Jeanette S
    Jeanette S

I can just imagine a double pendent light fixture somehow. Say hung on a dark chain with dark wire thread through to a couple of lights. The wire could be stapled to the top and run through a small hole drilled through. Then hang it over an island in the kitchen or from the porch ceiling!

• Lanik
    Lanik

Would make great light fixture....Use canning jars for the glass globes....maybe 3. Each end and the middle hanging off the bottom. Use bronze color chain again attaching to each end...joining in the middle to hang.

• Karen B
    Karen B

When I collected primities, I would just hang a single on a wall with a group of other western type items like a metal stirrup, a bit. Wish I had a photo. I like The Homely Fowl's suggestions best.

• Linda Blunk
    Linda Blunk

This is a wooden yoke used with a wagon when using two or more horses. I use mine to display a quilt. I've seen them used outdoors to hang signs and/or lanterns.

• LindaChaney2
      LindaChaney2

@Linda Blunk I believe you have this single tree confused with a double tree. The double tree is used for two horses pulling a vehicle. The single tree, one horse :o) Just like people to know as things relating to driving or farming with horses is almost a memory if it weren't for a few driving enthusiasts or the Amish :o)

• Kim Dagenais
    Kim Dagenais

I like Linda's idea to use it to hang a quilt or sign. I would also suggest hanging a small colourful rug, but I think you might have to add an extra hook at the centre to hold the rug more securely.

• Linda
    Linda

How about hanging some plant from the 2 ends.

• LindaChaney2
      LindaChaney2

@Linda I suggested the same thing, us MI girls think alike even though we're living in Norther NY at this time :o)

• Homeroad
    Homeroad

I would add hooks down the length of the wood and use it as a hook rack... great find!

• Edna Hinty
    Edna Hinty

I would get an old window and paint a pic on it or put family pics in it and hang.

• Peggy Gama
    Peggy Gama

I think an anchor for hanging a very nice picture. Lots of large pretty ribbon from anchor to frame. If not a large pretty picture shabby chic.

• Rose Lineberry
    Rose Lineberry

I'd love it in a kitchen with hooks for hanging kitchen utensils,pots and potholders