DIY Pub Table

$75
1 Day

Welcome again to another table build! Is it just me, or have I constantly been making and posting about tables?! This is our third table build in about a month and half! Apparently you need more of them in your house than you think!!
This is the final table we need for our newly renovated basement and since it’s the last one, why not make it the best one?? I wanted to add some height and variation to the
diy chevron pub table, painted furniture
Start by making a tabletop support frame, cut your 1″ x 2″ to create the desired size. Note: we planned to add on a chunkier tabletop border later so our frame accounted for the extra 3″ of tabletop space so our frame measured 33″ x 33″.
Glue and nail the frame together. Then, I suggest adding a piece down the middle for added support for the chevrons to attach to. I called this the spine.See below!
Begin cutting the chevron pieces and attaching with nails and glue into the support frame. You can see a more detailed description on how to do this over on my website!!
Once you have the completed Chevron design you will need to add on your table top border. We used 2x4's with the ends mitered to 45degrees. Again for more details on how this was attached please head over to my website on the link below.
Repeat this process for all of sides and soon you will have a complete table top. At this stage I sanded it all smooth.
Now you have the finished top you can attach the legs. These were attached into the corners of the frame and secured into place with wood screws. You could use glue but I wanted the legs to be detachable so opted just for screws.
You will notice here that we added in some decorative 'corbels'.
For details on these please see my full post here!! These acted as a little more support for the legs but more importantly, decoration.
Once it will fully assembled and sanded I stained the top in Dark Walnut and the legs in my favorite Kona stain.
I love the color of this Dark Walnut, I was skeptical to begin with but Jason's idea of a two tone table has grown on me a lot and now I love it.
What do you guys think??
You can see the mitered table edges here and how the edge looks against the chevron pattern.
Once it is fully stained and it has dried over night (I always leave it 24 hours to dry) you can give it all a coat of Polyurethane to protect it. Apply a light coat with a foam brush. Once this has dried you can sand off any rough areas using some 220 grit sand paper and then re-apply another coat.
I love it and can not wait to get some stools and begin using it!!
It will be so fun to have people over and to begin using our new finished basement lots!!
Thank you for joining me on this build, I hope you found some inspiration to take on a table build!!
Much Love
Ari
xoxo
Ari Goldberg |  VivaLasDiy