Small Wasted Space.. so I Decided to DIY a Ladder Shelf

I had a small empty space between our garden tub and the linen closet , 10 inches wide as a matter of fact. I just couldn't figure out what to put there.. then I finally decided a leaning ladder shelf would be a great solution. So eventually I decided to just make one.
Using some 8 foot long, 2 x 4 lumber, I placed 2 boards upright in the space to see if I thought it would work, and basically to get a visual idea of how it would look. (using my imagination at this point of course) :0)
Then using some baskets that I had purchased with this project in mind, I placed them in between the 2 boards so I could get an idea of the measurements that I needed and how many shelves I wanted to make.
I decided to make the "shelves" 15 3/8 inches long to easily accommodate my baskets, and I decided I wanted 5 of them.
Then the work began.
Using my measurements and some 2 x 4's, I used a miter saw to cut 5 shelves at 15 3/8" long, and then I gave them a good sanding with my sander.
Then I marked my upright boards where I wanted them spaced at evenly, and
I also placed them where they would be fairly flat while the 'ladder' is leaning.
I wanted to stuff to stay put after all. :0)
Then I proceeded to put my Ladder Shelf together.
(I used screws and a screwdriver for this project because the drill was no where to be found.. ugh) A drill or impact driver would've been better!
Then a couple coats of white paint, and after it was dry I was able to load it up.
Such a big impact in this tiny bit of wasted space, I just love how it turned out and it also provides extra organization in our master bathroom . win, win!
This project took me approx. 2 hours to do all by myself, but it would have been a lot faster if I could've found the drill and didn't have to use a screwdriver. (at least it was a ratchet screwdriver) :0)

• 2 x 4 boards  (home depot)
  • Screws for wood  (home depot)
  • Paint  (home depot)

ClutteredCorkBoard