Jillian
Jillian
  • Omaha, NE

DIY Mug Art

$8

Turn a plain mug into a homemade work of art! A simple and affordable gift for the coffee and tea lovers in your life. Decorate mug with sharpie or ceramic paint & bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Click here for more info: http://jillianastasia.com/diy-mug-art/
What you’ll need: Oven safe mug, Ceramic paint, paint pen, or sharpie, Painter’s tape (optional), Oven.
Draw or paint the design on your mug, or tape off shapes using painter's tape.
I loved the finish of this ceramic paint pen. Ceramic paint or sharpies work as well. Using painter’s tape helped me achieve the geometric look with crisp straight lines. I’m also not skilled at dr
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. You’ll also want to double check the instructions on whichever medium you choose.

Jillian

• Jewellmartin

Jillian, this was from five years ago. Do you do anything differently today? What new creations have you cooked up? ☺️

• Couture Papier

Awesome idea..what temp for oven?... does the paint make fumes or flammable? I know sharpies have alcohol in them thats why I am asking? THKs for info and share.

• Mona sheftel

Another site said to use oil-based Sharpies because the regular ones do not last. I found that to be true when the mug-painting project I did with my granddaughter didn't last through more than a few hand washings.