DIY Upcycled Jar Christmas Tree Snow Globes

$15

I love the holiday season as much as the next gal, but I don't want to spend a ton of time on decor that will only be displayed for a few weeks! So, I try to do quick, simple projects that have a big impact.
One of my favorites are my DIY Upcycled Jar Christmas Tree Snow Globes. My kids and I actually put these together last Thanksgiving Day when we were waiting for our turkey to be finished in the oven. Check out how I added some quick and easy to our home.
1. I began by washing and drying left over jars from food prep. I spray painted all of the lids with a metallic silver spray paint.
2. Next, I added a few drops of hot glue to the bottom of little Snow Village trees that I bought at Home Depot. I glued the tree inside the jars.
3. Then, my kids helped by pouring the "snow" into the jars. We used plastic flake snow in some and Epsom salt in others. We put in enough to just cover the base of the tree.
4. Last, we screwed the lids on the jars and tied pieces of red and white bakers twine around the lids. On a few of the jars, we also tied little "gift tags" that I designed on the computer.

Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
Lindsay @ Makely

• Robin
    Robin

I really appreciate crafts for a certain holiday to be out months before. Then I will have time to plan and save up necessary materials. Also to buy what I will need. Then I can have them ready and waiting for the holiday decorating. That truly takes a lot of stress off. Oh and the really fun part is to have the materials on hand and when children and adults come to visit we have something REALLY fun to do. I live in a fairly isolated place. Thank you.

• Deb
    Deb

This is a great idea. I have had a lot of problems last year making the snow globes with liquid. These are just as cute and less work. 😊