Lindsay @ Makely
Lindsay @ Makely
  • Pflugerville, TX

DIY Upcycled Jar Christmas Tree Snow Globes

$15

I love the holiday season as much as the next gal, but I don't want to spend a ton of time on decor that will only be displayed for a few weeks! So, I try to do quick, simple projects that have a big impact.
One of my favorites are my DIY Upcycled Jar Christmas Tree Snow Globes. My kids and I actually put these together last Thanksgiving Day when we were waiting for our turkey to be finished in the oven.
1.  I began by washing and drying left over jars from food prep.  I spray painted all of the lids with a metallic silver spray paint.
1. I began by washing and drying left over jars from food prep. I spray painted all of the lids with a metallic silver spray paint.
2.  Next, I added a few drops of hot glue to the bottom of little Snow Village trees that I bought at Home Depot.  I glued the tree inside the jars.
2. Next, I added a few drops of hot glue to the bottom of little Snow Village trees that I bought at Home Depot. I glued the tree inside the jars.
3.  Then, my kids helped by pouring the "snow" into the jars.  We used plastic flake snow in some and Epsom salt in others.  We put in enough to just cover the base of the tree.
3. Then, my kids helped by pouring the "snow" into the jars. We used plastic flake snow in some and Epsom salt in others. We put in enough to just cover the base of the tree.
4.  Last, we screwed the lids on the jars and tied pieces of red and white bakers twine around the lids.  On a few of the jars, we also tied little "gift tags" that I designed on the computer.
4. Last, we screwed the lids on the jars and tied pieces of red and white bakers twine around the lids. On a few of the jars, we also tied little "gift tags" that I designed on the computer.
Lindsay @ Makely

• Peggy Comer

so you don't put any liquid or water in it? I don't understand how it is a snow globe then?

• Robin

I really appreciate crafts for a certain holiday to be out months before. Then I will have time to plan and save up necessary materials. Also to buy what I will need. Then I can have them ready and waiting for the holiday decorating. That truly takes a lot of stress off. Oh and the really fun part is to have the materials on hand and when children and adults come to visit we have something REALLY fun to do. I live in a fairly isolated place. Thank you.