Monica Monge-Taylor
Monica Monge-Taylor
  • Glendale, AZ

Creating Keepsake Cards

I love creating vintage inspired cards. Rather than finding old vintage photos on the internet or pinterest, I love to dig through old family photos for inspiration.
I created this keepsake card using an old photo of my Mother-in-law Shirley. She is on the left in this photo and is seated with her brother and sister on Santa's lap! While she is no longer with us, I think of her often.
She was a card
creating keepsake cards
To begin, I scanned my photo and uploaded it to Pic Monkey. This is a program that allows me to touch up the photo. The photo on it's own was very light due to the age of it. With a few minor adjustments, I was able to get a nice crisp photo.
My card base measures 5.5" x 5.5". I cut out a piece of cardstock from Carta Bella's Harlequin collection that measured just a few centimeters smaller than the card base.
I then cut out a piece of card stock from 7gypsies "Life is Good" collection that measured 4.25" x 5.5".
creating keepsake cards
I distressed the edges using my distressing tool from the Tim Holtz Collecton and added some Walnut Stain Distress Ink to the edges using my blending tool.
I distressed one of the holiday flashcards and added some Walnut Stain Distress Ink to the edges. I distressed my family photo with the distressing tool and added Walnut Stain Distress Ink to the edges as well.
creating keepsake cards
From there, I adhered my flash card and vintage photo and wrapped some cord around the card stock.
I finished it up by adding a few stickers from Momenta and adhered it to my card base.
Monica Monge-Taylor