Frugal Four Season Burlap Wreath

$15

Need a cheap, quick and versatile wreath? This one's for you all you'll basically need is a pool noodle, glue gun, burlap and a needle and thread to make a few easy stitches.

four season burlap wreath, crafts, wreaths

First I measured off the amount of burlap I'd need to cover the noodle and a little extra width to create a fringed edge as seen below.

Laying the burlap strips end to end I secured the seams with a glue gun to create one long continuous strip. The strip should roughly be 1 1/2 to 2 times the length of the pool noodle to allow for gathering.

Next, I wrapped the burlap around the noodle to get the measurement for the seam I would be sewing to make a tube shape to slide over the noodle.

I hand stitched with a simple running stitch the entire length of the burlap strip.

Once the seam was finished I could slide the sewn tube over the noodle and give it a scrunched look.

The ends of the pool noodle were cut on an angle for a better fit when joined. I added a twig from outside to the center hole for extra gluing surface and secured all pieces together with a glue gun.

For added strength I even had to seal the edges with duct tape, there was a lot of resistance with the noodle wanting to straighten itself out again!😄

I used gardening wire to wrap around and create what would become the hanger at the back for my wreath.

I made a boutiner of sorts and added a safety pin to it as a means to swap it out with the seasons.

I made a simple burlap bow and glued it as a permanent look to my wreath but the snowflakes are a temporary seasonal accent as is the boutiner.

A Summer look was a butterfly accent and a bright tulip boutiner.

Fall? An owl and autumn leaves of course and Spring? I'm thinking....eggs in a nest and tree buds about to burst open. The options are endless...I love the versatility of this Project! Thanks for taking a look!

I thought I'd share my easy 2017 update, love trying new looks so here I simply stuck in the Winter boutineer again and hung a pair of little girls skates that I purchased for decor purposes only. The ideas are endless when you have a blank wreath to play with!

four season burlap wreath

• Burlap  (Fabric store)
  • Pool noodle  (Dollar Store)
  • Wreath Accents  (Dollar store)

• Cathy Rizzo

So I sewed the strips together but when I tried to pull through the noodle, it tore right up to where the fringe is and fell apart. What an I doing wrong? How did you create your fringe?

• Lola beckwith

i think you probably didnt leave the pocket big enough if it is to tight it will stress the material to much and make it fray. i would probably use hot glue and glue it first then stitch it. the glue would keep it from fraying . just an idea.

• Cathy Rizzo

• Tracey

Barbara Quinn Phillips, as previously stated this was yardage burlap I used and not tree covering burlap mine had a much stronger weave. Too I hand stitched the seam because of the lint issue, it has held up fine for years now.

• Amber Pine

Could you show how to make one of the boutineers?

• Tracey

Claira I considered that an honest and fair question to ask, sorry I wasn't prompt in answering.

• Vic38360429

Fantastically creative!!! I too, love the simplicity of the wreath and burlap is a wonderful base to work upon. Many thanks for sharing so we can create some pretty wreaths like yours. 🤗

• Donna Lee Scott Thomas

I will definitely be doing this! Goodbye to all of the wreaths for different seasons and holidays! I’m looking forward to being one step closer to having a clean and organized craft room! Thank you!!!! 🏆