Frugal Four Season Burlap Wreath

$15

Need a cheap, quick and versatile wreath? This one's for you! All you'll basically need is a pool noodle, glue gun, burlap, and a needle and thread to make a few easy stitches.

Pool Noodle

To create a DIY burlap wreath you'll need:

• Burlap
  • Pool noodle
  • Wreath accents (feel free to get creative here)
  • Glue gun
  • Scissors
  • Needle and thread
  • Twig
  • Masking tape
  • Gardening wire
  • Safety pin

Measure the Burlap

Measure the Burlap

First I measured off the amount of burlap I'd need to cover the noodle, and a little extra width to create a fringed edge as seen below.

Glue Burlap Seams

Glue Burlap Seams

Laying the burlap strips end to end I secured the seams with a glue gun to create one long continuous strip. The strip should roughly be 1 1/2 to 2 times the length of the pool noodle to allow for gathering.

Wrap the Pool Noodle with the Burlap

Wrap Pool Noodle with Burlap

Next, I wrapped the burlap around the noodle to get the measurement for the seam I would be sewing. This makes a tube shape to slide over the noodle.

Sew the Burlap Together

Sew Burlap

I hand stitched with a simple running stitch the entire length of the burlap strip.

Slide Burlap over the Pool Noodle

Slide Burlap over Pool Noodle

Once the seam was finished I could slide the sewn tube over the noodle and give it a scrunched look.

Glue Ends Together

Glue Ends Together

The ends of the pool noodle were cut on an angle for a better fit when joined. I added a twig from outside to the center hole for extra gluing surface and secured all pieces together with a glue gun.

Tape Ends

Tape Ends

I used gardening wire to wrap around and create what would become the hanger at the back for my wreath.

Create a Hanger for Your DIY Burlap Wreath

Add a Hanger

Add Seasonal Decor

Add Seasonal Decor

I made a boutineer of sorts and added a safety pin to it as a means to swap it out with the seasons.

DIY Christmas Wreath

I made a simple burlap bow and glued it as a permanent look to my wreath but the snowflakes are a temporary seasonal accent as is the boutineer.

DIY Summer Wreath

A summer look was a butterfly accent and a bright tulip boutineer.

DIY Fall Wreath

Fall? An owl and autumn leaves of course and spring? I'm thinking....eggs in a nest and tree buds about to burst open. The options are endless...I love the versatility of this project!

DIY Winter Wreath

I thought I'd share my easy 2017 update! I love trying new looks so here I simply stuck in the winter boutineer again and hung a pair of little girls skates that I purchased for decor purposes only. The DIY ideas are endless when you have a blank wreath to play with!

I've just completed a new 2019 version of this versatile wreath seen here:

https://www.hometalk.com/44233983/four-season-interchangeable-burlap-wreath-winter

I'm sure you have some great ideas for seasonal wreaths. Let me know in the comments below!

• Burlap  (Fabric store)
  • Pool noodle  (Dollar Store)
  • Wreath Accents  (Dollar store)

These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home

• Cathy Rizzo

So I sewed the strips together but when I tried to pull through the noodle, it tore right up to where the fringe is and fell apart. What an I doing wrong? How did you create your fringe?

• Lola beckwith

i think you probably didnt leave the pocket big enough if it is to tight it will stress the material to much and make it fray. i would probably use hot glue and glue it first then stitch it. the glue would keep it from fraying . just an idea.

• Cathy Rizzo

• Julie

Maybe after you sew it try using tack glue to glue the seams together which would probably help with the fraying/ pulling apart.

• Amber Pine

Could you show how to make one of the boutineers?

• Roger

Beautiful 😁😁😁Tracy I think I have seen some of this and more beautiful crafts that you do 😉you are holding back a lot of nice things you have done to

Your uncrafty neighbor 😁😁Barb

• Skilled Thrifty Creatives

I knew it was you aka Roger, thanks for your encouragement. You are mentioned in my dresser post! Lots of projects when you hit my page here!

• Karen

Loved loved loved this project ❤️❤️‼️

I will definitely try this one!!! Such an easy way to change your wreath,..especially if you’re not the crafty type 😊

• Skilled Thrifty Creatives

Definitely, the dollar stores have so many seasonal accents that would make it easy, peasy to change it up as often as you'd like. Thanks Karen, I updated this wreath idea and just tried another new style, it's found on my Hometalk Profile.