Anna Ibarra
Anna Ibarra
  • San Antonio, TX

Holiday Coffee Central

My buffet isn't wide or roomy enough for all the must needs that go w/holiday coffee. This is a new area for my coffee, moved some things around. I needed something to temporarily house my holiday souvenir cups I got while overseas Christmas markets. Each Christmas markets have their souvenir cups. So I looked online to find inspiration to make a 3 tier stand.
holiday coffee central, painted furniture
I had everything, 3 different size larger plates, huge heavy crystal upright hurricane, felt pieces, hot glue gun & glue sticks & a faux keurig coffee reusable cups. The small red isn't a plate but for hot plates, a pad.
Hurricane comes in 2 pieces. Not sure if they are really hurricanes, but they seem like to me. They are more like candle holders. I bought 2 from Germany crystal company.
When I take the big heavy top. It has an opening where the candle goes to sit in the smaller part of the 2 part hurricane. This is what I needed to close up.
There's my reusable coffee cup. It closes up the bottom opening. I'll show you why in bit.
Ok, so I failed to take a picture of why I closed up the botton of hurricane. I need to fill the hurricane w/red glass rocks. One for more stability & look.
Underneath of glued plate to stand.
Underneath of glued plate to stand.
I then repeated the process as I put a few glass rocks in the second plate holder, which I the bottom of the hurricane. Hot glue the second plate to the bottom of stand & to top of stand. This helps it stabilized it some.
Another view of underneath of second plate.
Final view! I put felt pieces so cups don't chip on plates. Super easy and it is very stable hardly rocks but I did put most weight on the bottom largest plate. It holds all my Christmas Market cups. The very top are small red dessert dishes and I used the red hot dish pad to cushion the dessert plates.
This is in a corner where my 3tier sits and is in a cornered short wall. Can't really be bumped into.
Most of all it's temporary, and I used hot glue as it comes of somewhat easy. I don't want to have to store it, as these plates go right back in China cabinet Holidays. For now this is a temporary solution. Plus I did it majority with my left hand. As I had hand surgery on my dominant Rt hand. I can't just sit for it to heal while holidays are upon us. Lefty has been so useful! 😉
Time to tear down the 3 tier display.
Time to tear down the 3 tier display.
After Christmas is over, and decorations come down and Christmas dishes all out away. I pulled apart my Christmas 3 tiered cup holder.
Nothing was nicked or scratch, etc.
This one was the most difficult to take apart. I still don't have full strength on my right hand yet. So I lightly, very lightly took a hammer to a scraper and tapped it to hep me pry off the vase from the platter. Luckily, it was all it took. Then dry out hot glue just peels away. Clean up dishes and put away. WALA! No awkward 3 tier stand to store or find a place to store.

• 2 big plates, 1 large platter( 3 different sizes & non matching) Heavy crytsal hurricane candle hol  (I had everything at home, didn't buy a single thing.)
  • A red round heating pad used for hot plates.  (I have those already use for the holidays.)

• Teresa

I love the idea that this is temporary, so you never have to figure out where to store something that tall - Great idea!

• Anna Ibarra

Yes, that is my problem, love to get new items for the holidays, but then comes the storing problems.

• Marcia Licurgo

I have seen this same idea used on dessert and appetizer tables. great idea!