Cindy Hagemann
Cindy Hagemann
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Kingsport, TN

Mr. & Mrs. Snowman

$0

My daughter wanted a fun Christmas decoration for her porch - we had some plywood and got started designing and constructing Mr. & Mrs. Snowman.
mr mrs snowman
This is the finished design of the two snowmen...
mr mrs snowman
This is how we started - looking around the garage for round objects that we could use as a template for the head, middle, and bottom. Finally came up with these three items that we thought would be the perfect size for her porch.
mr mrs snowman
Using our circles that we found - we drew our templates on plywood.
mr mrs snowman
Then we cut them out...
mr mrs snowman
We wanted to somehow use these logs that we cut - could they be the eyes, noses, buttons?
mr mrs snowman
We painted the head and bodies white - using paint that we had in the garage...
mr mrs snowman
We spray painted the hat black - again with paint we had in the garage...
mr mrs snowman
We ended up painting the eyes and mouth and using a piece of wood (painted orange) for the noses. But, were able to use the wood cut logs for the buttons, added a bow for the Mrs. Snowman, scarves. Then we used a nail gun to fasten them to 2 x 4's for a post.
mr mrs snowman
When my daughter got home - she was excited to send me this photo of her front porch!

• Plywood
  • Paint