Master Bedroom Makeover

$300

This master bedroom just needed a face lift. No major construction or renovation. As a matter of fact it was done on quite the small budget. I wanted a brick wall behind the bed but after pricing it out I decided I would make my own. And let me tell you, it looks real!

Adding electrical wiring for wall sconces. I'm not sure why a builder would put one outlet right behind the bed in the middle of the wall, but that had to change. We wired up two receptacles with a light switch for each wall sconce.

The brick panels have been put up at this point, but they're not finished yet. In case you missed my previous post on a German Smear you can find it here on Hometalk or you can see the full tutorial at Recaptured Charm

Outdoor Lanterns?? You betcha.

After the German Smear was done on the walls you can see what a huge difference it made in the brick panels. It just brightens up the whole room. I really wanted wall sconces as my nightstands are not very big and the lamps seem to take up half the space.

The dark furniture really pops on the antiqued brick panels and the white walls in the room.

Update on above the bed. Awesome little addition that I found at Michaels.

After a little rewiring and paint and of course some new linens the bedroom has become a little retreat.

See more pictures HERE

15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
15 Memorial Day Crafts
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
Recaptured Charm

• Lisa Fauerbach

Really sweet 🥰🥰🥰

• Jeannie

what did you do with the electric cords for the lights

• Trudi

It is in the wall. You will see on one of the first pictures they put electrical boxes were the lights were going.

• Liz

Did you seal the joint compound that you used in the German Smear? Here's an interesting article about the hazards of breathing joint compound.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_compound

• Recaptured Charm

I believe the hazard addressed in this article is when joint compound is sanded. People who put up drywall with compound and then sand it should not be breathing in the sanded particles. Over time this is hazardous to your lungs. Drywall compound that is on the wall and never sanded will not cause any health concerns.