Master Bedroom Makeover

$300

This master bedroom just needed a face lift. No major construction or renovation. As a matter of fact it was done on quite the small budget. I wanted a brick wall behind the bed but after pricing it out I decided I would make my own. And let me tell you, it looks real!

master bedroom makeover, bedroom ideas

Adding electrical wiring for wall sconces. I'm not sure why a builder would put one outlet right behind the bed in the middle of the wall, but that had to change. We wired up two receptacles with a light switch for each wall sconce.

master bedroom makeover, bedroom ideas

The brick panels have been put up at this point, but they're not finished yet. In case you missed my previous post on a German Smear you can find it here on Hometalk or you can see the full tutorial at Recaptured Charm

master bedroom makeover, bedroom ideas

Outdoor Lanterns?? You betcha.

master bedroom makeover, bedroom ideas

After the German Smear was done on the walls you can see what a huge difference it made in the brick panels. It just brightens up the whole room. I really wanted wall sconces as my nightstands are not very big and the lamps seem to take up half the space.

master bedroom makeover, bedroom ideas

The dark furniture really pops on the antiqued brick panels and the white walls in the room.

master bedroom makeover

Update on above the bed. Awesome little addition that I found at Michaels.

master bedroom makeover, bedroom ideas

After a little rewiring and paint and of course some new linens the bedroom has become a little retreat.

master bedroom makeover, bedroom ideas

See more pictures HERE

Recaptured Charm

• Rachel Collins Smith

Where did u get the wall sconces?

• Rachel Collins Smith

Where did u get the wall sconces?

• Gina

Did you add any moudling at the top or sides where the panels meet the ceiling and side walls ? I can’t really tell In the photo.

• Recaptured Charm

No, I didn't add any moulding. Because all joins are covered well with the drywall compound, you dont see any spaces where the panel meets the ceiling or the walls. Try to keep it as natural as possible to keep it looking like a real brick wall.

• Pam

Love the accent wall and the bike adds a bit of whimsy, great job!!!

• Eroque022810

Hvery you grown tired of it yet it's been 2 years? I really like the look and agree that it looks real. I love your choice of accessories.

• Recaptured Charm

No where near tired of it yet. I still love it so much. The room is so cozy and inviting. Nope. Might take a long while to get tired of it.