Master Bedroom Makeover

$300

This master bedroom just needed a face lift. No major construction or renovation. As a matter of fact it was done on quite the small budget. I wanted a brick wall behind the bed but after pricing it out I decided I would make my own. And let me tell you, it looks real!

Adding electrical wiring for wall sconces. I'm not sure why a builder would put one outlet right behind the bed in the middle of the wall, but that had to change. We wired up two receptacles with a light switch for each wall sconce.

The brick panels have been put up at this point, but they're not finished yet. In case you missed my previous post on a German Smear you can find it here on Hometalk or you can see the full tutorial at Recaptured Charm

Outdoor Lanterns?? You betcha.

After the German Smear was done on the walls you can see what a huge difference it made in the brick panels. It just brightens up the whole room. I really wanted wall sconces as my nightstands are not very big and the lamps seem to take up half the space.

The dark furniture really pops on the antiqued brick panels and the white walls in the room.

Update on above the bed. Awesome little addition that I found at Michaels.

After a little rewiring and paint and of course some new linens the bedroom has become a little retreat.

See more pictures HERE

Recaptured Charm

• Rachel Collins Smith

Where did u get the wall sconces?

• Leslie

Check also your resale stores such as Habitat for Humanity Resale stores. I find that Goodwill and Salvation Army stores have been picked over before the items hit the floor.

• Gina

Did you add any moudling at the top or sides where the panels meet the ceiling and side walls ? I can’t really tell In the photo.

• Recaptured Charm

No, I didn't add any moulding. Because all joins are covered well with the drywall compound, you dont see any spaces where the panel meets the ceiling or the walls. Try to keep it as natural as possible to keep it looking like a real brick wall.

• Lisa Fauerbach

Really sweet 🥰🥰🥰

• Sue

Looks so nice! I love the brick wall.

• Anna

I have never been a fan of brick walls, but this is very tastefully done & I love the total look. Well done!! I especially like the matelesse blanket on your bed! Top drawer!!