From The Recycle Bin To The Christmas Tree...

Pop Bottle Snow Globes..
Recycle plastic 16 oz. pop bottles into Christmas Ornaments..
Step1. Start by washing them out and removing the labels. A small amount of GooGone helps dissolve the sticky glue residue.
Step 2. Mark where you want to make your cut. I remove about 2 1/2".
Step 3. Carefully, with a box cutter, cut straight around & remove the middle. It doesn't have to be perfect.
You can then wash the insides really well and dry them shiney clear. They should stand about 4" tall. Or your desired length.
Step 4. Materials.. I used cotton balls, ribbons, Epsom Salts, and small, novelty pieces I saved from old ornaments that had seen better days. -I save everything. You can also use small, Mini ornaments they sell for Mini trees.
Step 5. Finally found a use for those plastic thingamajigs that come in take out pizzas, to keep the cheese from sticking to the top of the box. Hot glued them to the bottom, inside the bottle. PERFECT height for my wintery scene.
Step 6. Hot glued my scene together, then stuffed cotton balls around the base to conceal the plastic legs. Sprinkled a small amount of Epsom Salts on top of that for snow!
Step 7. Attach your two bottle pieces together. They should fit pretty easily and snug. Hot Glue ribbon around the connection spot.
The ribbon conceals your connection area. And also helps seal it.
Step 8. I used a 3/32" drill bit and drilled a tiny hole in the center of each bottle cap. Add coordinating ribbon around the edges to hide the cap.
Step 9. Now slide a ribbon, or a pipe cleaner in the hole for your holder. You can put a star or snowflake at the opposite end, to dangle on the inside of your globe.
Your cap screws easily on and off, so it's easy to fix little mishaps. The kids can help make these, but mom has to do the cutting. NOTE: When assembling these, the trick is, to try to keep them lightweight. So they hang easily from your tree. They're tons of fun to make. Hope you've enjoyed this.
Merry Christmas to all!!

• Plastic pop bottles, Novelty ornaments, cotton balls, epsom salts, ribbon, pipe cleaners,  (Crafts stores, Medicine cabinet, Home craft box)
  • Glue gun, glue sticks,

Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper

• Tre12519301

What do you think your total cost was? How many did you make? Thinking about doing this with a preschool class with a total of 40 students. Super cute idea. I know with our helper they would be able to do most of the work themselves.

• Ida9464

Not on FB after all the incidents over the past few years. These sure are adorable, though!

• Cathy Heyne Pendrak

Any ideas on what I could use in place of the pizza thingamagigs. I like your idea of holding them up a little bit but I don't have those.

• Val Serenity McJannett

Did you actually glue the top and the bottom together

• Ida9464

Home Depot Walmart Lowe’s ace pretty much anywhere.

• TnKaren

Cute idea. As I was reading, I thought, You could make these for Easter by using small eggs, (could paint tiny rocks) add bunnies or chicks available at craft stores. Something of that sort. Just a thought.

• Rebecca Jones

I will definitely be making these I think they are adorable but I like the idea of using styrofoam and you can make them different heights ...or how ever ...wow I just had an idea to make an ice skating pond . Thanks for the idea