Spruce up Those Plastic Switch Plates With Unicorn SPiT!!

1 Material

My most pinned project by other people is one of the light switch covers I updated when we painted our kitchen. I found an extra outlet cover in a drawer to show you how I accomplished this art using Unicorn SPiT!
Here is my pinned pic!
Start with one of those cheap plastic covers.
Pick your Unicorn SPiT colors! I used Crow (black) SPARKLiNG gel stain, Ornery Oriole (orange) SPARKLiNG stain gel, Dragon's Belly (green), and a custom mix (Lil' bit White Ning & Navajo Jewel)
I SPiT directly onto the plastic. Little drops of each color.
Spritz with water
I laid a piece of regular ol' plastic wrap over the SPiT.
Then using my fingers, moved the SPiT around. (This is the press technique)
Gently lift the plastic wrap off in a upward direction. (You'll get different effects depending on the direction you pull the plastic wrap off)
Decided it needed a bit more of the light blue so I added a few more dots & blew them to spread it out.
Let dry! I put a fan next to mine to speed it up because I am impatient .
Looks like marble!
THIS is the money shot!!! The pic itself looks like something that could hang in a museum! lol
You want to seal the SPiT to insure durability. I used this spray. A few coats is a good idea.
Let dry between coats.
Install the plate like you usually would & enjoy your custom made art! Definitely a conversation starter. All your friends & family will want some!
Unicorn SPiT gel stain is available NOW @ www.unicorn spit.com
The SPARKLiNG gel stain will be available January 2017!

• Unicorn SPiT, plastic wrap, water, rustoleum clear gloss spray sealer, plastic outlet cover  (www.unicornSPiT.com)

24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
15 Memorial Day Crafts
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!

To see more: http://www.facebook.com/SPiTshine2016

• Kmd2432250
    Kmd2432250

Could you put food colorings or mix nail polishes in a throw away container, mix together. Put on gloves and dip faceplate in mixture?

• Michelle Austin
      Michelle Austin

You probably could. I have not tried that though. Look up nail polish dipping on youtube. I know there are videos on how to do it on a coffee mug.

• Terry Mortensen
    Terry Mortensen

I would like to try it on plastic kids chair. Any advice?

• Michelle Austin
      Michelle Austin

Either do a coat of chalk paint or a flat paint first, SPiT and then make sure you seal it well. Because its plastic if theres a lot of wear and tear you may still get scratching.

• Mary Ulrich
    Mary Ulrich

When I put the plate back on the "outlet holes" and the "switches" stand out as they are white. How would I paint them to match the plate?