Mackenzie Oakley
Mackenzie Oakley
  • Olathe, KS

DIY Ornament Wreath

$25

I love making these super easy ornament wreaths to hang up around the house during the holiday season!
diy ornament wreath, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths
The supply list is short and sweet - a plain craft wreath (styrofoam or wooden), ornaments of your choosing and (lots!) of glue!
I started by taking the tops of the bigger ornaments and placing them around the inside and outside of the wreath, top side up, and glued them into place. After that, I needed to tie string or ribbon or something so I'd be able to actually hang the wreath once it was done.
After that, you can flip the wreath over (so the bare tops are facing down) and start filling it in with different shapes/sizes/colors of ornaments. I don't follow a pattern or anything like that, just fill them in as I go!
It always seems to take way more ornaments than I originally plan for, which means an extra trip back to the store but I loved how it turned out! The colors on this one were picked by my 3-year-old daughter and it's hanging on her bedroom door.
I got a little carried away and made a 2nd wreath to hang on my other daughter's door as well!

• Wreath  (Walmart)
  • Ornaments  (Walmart)

Mackenzie Oakley

• Sian

Wonderful - a project to be ready for Christmas 2017, I particularly like (& will copy) the colours shown here too!

• Lorie

I always have trouble with placement,