Old Shutter Snowman

Do you have any old shutters hanging around? I do. I kinda collect them from the side of the road when I find them.
I spray painted this old shutter red.
Then I painted on some crackle paint. Finally, I painted the snowman white but it doesn't look new. It looks old because it's paint is crackled. I love that.
I painted the features of the snowman, added some white sprayed branches and snowflakes. Also, I bought some real plaid fabric for the scarf and I went to the other side of the shutter to attach it.
Hope you enjoyed. Linda @Crafts a la mode

30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
Linda B

• Hol11006748
    Hol11006748

I have not been able to find "Crackle" paint anywhere! I mean I've gone everywhere our little town has, Tractor Supply, McCoys, Ace, Home Depo, Wal Mart, I mean EVERYWHERE! Where do you get this elusive stuff?? :/

• Bev
      Bev

DecoArt and Folk Art Brand acrylic paint lines sell it in craft stores like AC Moore, Micheal's, Hobby Lobby and Walmart. It is available in 3 and 8 ounce sizes.
  • Sharon Haight Bennett
    Sharon Haight Bennett

What do you use for it's arms so that they don't break when you put it away for another year?
  • Ellen
    Ellen

I love this, but I am confused? Did you paint the whole shutter red first the white snowman overtop? (The picture looks like u painted whole shutter white (?) , also, do u paint the snowman with white paint and then the crackle on top (?)

• Happy Powell
    Happy Powell

For large areas like this I have used white Elmer’s glue & a hair dryer as a crackle medium. But, as of this minute,i cant remember if i put the glue on 1st or last, practice on something first, it does work.
  • Dawnmarie
    Dawnmarie

I love this ,need to make one.