The Prettiest Way to Keep Your Boots Standing Tall

$3
1 Minute

Now that it's boot season, we are all thinking of better ways store our boots. When they are all slumped over, they wear out faster and can even crack. I've seen the trick using a pool noodle in a lot of places, but my version easily gives you a pretty way to keep your shoes upright.
Look at how sad my boots are. They are all slumped over each other, and it's starting to wear them out.

Step 1: Gather Your Materials
I used an old pool noodle, a colorful fabric, an exacto knife, some ribbon, and pinking shears (not pictured and optional to this project ). If you don't own pinking shears, just pick a fabric that isn't likely to fray.

Step 2: Cut Your Noodle
I put the noodle inside the boot and marked it a drop lower than the top of the boot. I marked lower than the height of the boots because the fabric ends will add a little height. Then I cut the pool noodle using an exacto knife.

Step 3: Cut Your Fabric
First, I cut my fabric so it was about 2.5 inches bigger than the pool noodle at the top and bottom and a few inches larger than the pool noodle's circumference. I used pinking shears (scissors that cut little zig zags) so that my fabric wouldn’t fray, if you don’t own pinking shears, use a fabric that won’t fray so you don’t have to hem the fabric.

Step 4: Wrap It Up
Then I rolled the pool noodle up like a pack of Christmas crackers.

Step 5: Tie the Ends
Then I tied off the ends with ribbon. I made 3 pairs of these boots, because I have 3 pairs of tall boots.
Now they stand up tall and stay in good shape.
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall

• Cathi DiRuzzio Agar
    Cathi DiRuzzio Agar

Adorable.....but why do you even need to wrap them in fabric?
    • Melody Boling Medlock
      Melody Boling Medlock

I too have been doing this for years. I have never wrapped the noodles in anything to cover them. I haven't even cared about what color they are. If you cut them right you will never see them. Personally, the fabric sticking up would drive me crazy. I just couldn't bring myself to waste my fabric without a reason to do so. I have never, ever had any issue with shredding as Roseanne mentioned above either. I'm glad she shared this because it does work beautifully. If people choose to cover the ugly part of using pool noodles that's fantastic. People should do what makes them happy. Im not knocking it at all. I'm just saying there is no necessity to it.

• Pat Cummings
    Pat Cummings

Couldn't you put baking soda in the center of the pool noodle to absorb foot odor?
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca

Why not recycle a couple of soda bottles and you can fill them with beads or colored sand. Or just use what ever you have around the house! You can even put the drying packets from your medications in the bottom of the bottle and put small holes in the bottles.

• Becky
    Becky

Save the inner paper tubes from wrapping paper. Fold in half, then insert the V end first into your boot.

• Ms.Delaware June
    Ms.Delaware June
    Just now

Maybe. I just use wine bottles they stand then come summer I put them in totes