The Prettiest Way to Keep Your Boots Standing Tall

$3
1 Minute

Now that it's boot season, we are all thinking of better ways store our boots. When they are all slumped over, they wear out faster and can even crack. I've seen the trick using a pool noodle in a lot of places, but my version easily gives you a pretty way to keep your shoes upright.
Look at how sad my boots are. They are all slumped over each other, and it's starting to wear them out.

Step 1: Gather Your Materials
I used an old pool noodle, a colorful fabric, an exacto knife, some ribbon, and pinking shears (not pictured and optional to this project ). If you don't own pinking shears, just pick a fabric that isn't likely to fray.

Step 2: Cut Your Noodle
I put the noodle inside the boot and marked it a drop lower than the top of the boot. I marked lower than the height of the boots because the fabric ends will add a little height. Then I cut the pool noodle using an exacto knife.

Step 3: Cut Your Fabric
First, I cut my fabric so it was about 2.5 inches bigger than the pool noodle at the top and bottom and a few inches larger than the pool noodle's circumference. I used pinking shears (scissors that cut little zig zags) so that my fabric wouldn’t fray, if you don’t own pinking shears, use a fabric that won’t fray so you don’t have to hem the fabric.

Step 4: Wrap It Up
Then I rolled the pool noodle up like a pack of Christmas crackers.

Step 5: Tie the Ends
Then I tied off the ends with ribbon. I made 3 pairs of these boots, because I have 3 pairs of tall boots.
Now they stand up tall and stay in good shape.
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

• Cathi DiRuzzio Agar

Adorable.....but why do you even need to wrap them in fabric?
  • Pat Cummings

Couldn't you put baking soda in the center of the pool noodle to absorb foot odor?
    • Susie

Wow that is a good idea too cuz I was having trouble making my damn boots stand up and then they get the creek in the side when I get ready to put them on

• Rebecca

Why not recycle a couple of soda bottles and you can fill them with beads or colored sand. Or just use what ever you have around the house! You can even put the drying packets from your medications in the bottom of the bottle and put small holes in the bottles.

• Teresa

I used the cardboard rolls from my Christmas wrapping paper--even doubling them and wrapped them with heavy decorating fabric remnents leftovers. I just folded the fabric in case I decide to use the fabric later on.

• Deborah Deskin Stolar

I like to save up some of the larger yellow paper mailers I sometimes get from Amazon (the ones wit bubble wrap in them) and just roll them up and insert to support my boots and keep the shape. It also helps keep moisture away!

I'm sure you could cover them also, I use mine plain because I'm not that picky! 😂