DIY Clothespin Snowflake Ornament

This year I decided I wanted to do an entire tree with handmade ornaments. I went with a rustic natural theme. These clothespin snowflake ornaments added a punch of color and sparkle.
Gather your supplies. You will need 2 sizes of clothes pins, hot glue, spray paint and glitter.
These clothespin snowflakes will add a touch of glam to your Christmas decorations! They can be used on the tree or in a holiday scene. They can be painted any color and sprinkled with glitter to catch the light.
First break apart the clothes pins. Each snowflake takes 4 regular clothespins and 2 small clothespins. Don't throw away those metal pieces. Click the link below to see another snowflake option using these pieces.
Start by gluing the clothespin pieces in a cross shape.
Hot glue the remaining clothespins together following the above picture. You are basically gluing 2 crosses on top of each other. Don't worry if the adhesion seems a little weak. You will be reinforcing the bond later.
Hot glue the smaller clothespins on top to add dimension.
Reinforce the snowflakes with hot glue on the back of the snowflakes.
Spray paint the snowflakes with the color, or colors of your choice and sprinkle with glitter while the paint is still wet.
Using a piece of jute, glue a simple loop on the back of the snowflake as a hanger if you are using it for an ornament.
And there you have it! Head over to the blog to see all the other handmade and heartfelt ornaments. Don't forget there is a second option using the metal pieces. I am actually in love with the addition! Just click the link below!

Diva of DIY

• Patti

Did the burlap you purchased from Home Depot to make some.of you ornaments in your video have an odor ? If so how did you get rid of the smell ?
    Thank you !! I LOVE YOUR VIDEOS !!