Erin@UpcycledUgly
Erin@UpcycledUgly
  • Mc Kinney, TX

"Give Thanks" Sign From Upcycled Landscape Edging

Create a shabby chic "Give Thanks" sign out of scrap materials just in time for Thanksgiving!
To see more visit: http://upcycledugly.com/give-thanks-sign-upcycled-landscape-edging/
"Give Thanks" Sign from Upcycled Landscape Edging and Fence Wood
Spray your landscape edging.  I used a leftover clear enamel, but could use poly or oil rubbed bronze (if new)
Spray your landscape edging. I used a leftover clear enamel, but could use poly or oil rubbed bronze (if new)
Cut board to desired length.  This was a scrap fence board.
Cut board to desired length. This was a scrap fence board.
Drill holes to hang boards by and sand boards.
Trace your words of choice onto the boards.
Paint with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in old white and seal with wax/poly/sealer of choice
Suspend the wood signs with twine (through the holes you previously drilled) and tie together at the top
Make bows out of ribbon of choice.  I used burlap and sealed the ends with Mod-Podge so that they wouldn't fray.
Make bows out of ribbon of choice. I used burlap and sealed the ends with Mod-Podge so that they wouldn't fray.
Attach bows and and a loop of twine to hang from hooks.  I tied mine together so they wouldn't spin in the wind.
Attach bows and and a loop of twine to hang from hooks. I tied mine together so they wouldn't spin in the wind.
There you have it!  A shabby/chic junky addition just in time for Thanksgiving!
There you have it! A shabby/chic junky addition just in time for Thanksgiving!

Erin@UpcycledUgly

• Kathryn Botard

cool idea

• Anna Ibarra

These are so vintage looking, they are great. I have those in my yard, and I don't like them, and slowing replacing them. My question is how did you get the metal edging to mount together?

• Erin@UpcycledUgly

@Anna Ibarra Hi Anna- I inherited the circles already put together (and plenty rusty),so I'm not 100% sure. What I can tell you is that there are pins holding the two ends of the edging together. I assume that the same way you'd attach them to extend them is the same way you'd attach the two ends together? Kind of like if you were circling the edging around a tree... I'll see about getting a photo in the daylight if that will help you!