Asked on Dec 2, 2016

I'm looking for ideas for reusing an old container

Ese8934807Mandy SmithRebecca Bender
+11

Does anyone have any ideas of how to reuse this?
    Janet Pizaro

www.hometalk.com/9572655/repurposed-plastic-pretzel-containers-to-pet-food
  • Sherry Fram
    Sherry Fram

We would use it to store sugar, flour, rice, beans, pasta or snacks for the grandkids.
  • Arlie W
    Arlie W

I obtained one of those, but in plastic, left over from a party. Nothing special done with mine except I filled it up with little toys that my granddaughter played with. She loved carrying it around as it was bigger than her.She could see through it and it was a fun thing for her in her early years. 13--24 mth.
  • Diane Hardman
    Diane Hardman

You could always make a terrarium out of it. Many years ago, I had 3 of those giant glass jars (they were originally pickle jars from the little corner store), and that's what I did with them. It was fun planting them and adding little items such as plastic ducks and animals to create a scene in them. I had one of them on it's side sitting on a piece of wood that held it so it didn't roll. The others were standing upright.
  • Kathryn
    Kathryn

I am looking for something like that hold spare change.
    • Jim Devenney
      Jim Devenney

Change?just put quarters in it,I have one same size just cashed it in it was filled to the top$,1,042.00 just in time for Christmas
  • Carol
    Carol

We made a "overnight" bucket, pj's, tooth brush, etc. A second one has crayons, paper, coloring books, all sorts of activities
  • Cindy
    Cindy

If you knit, crochet or craft, those would be great for keeping supplies nice and clean. Hot glue a pretty rope around that top dip/inset and run a length of rope over the top and hot glue on the other side for a handle to make porting easier.
    You could use some of the ideas on hometalk and cut it off at that first indentation, smooth the edge and then use rope, twine, or rolled paper to glue/wrap about the whole exterior to make a small wastebasket.
    Have small kids that like to collect treasures when you go on outings...add a handle and they can use it to collect and store all their treasures.
  • Alane Maixner
    Alane Maixner

I have one of those! My plan is to flip it so the cover is on the bottom....paint the inside...reminiscent of Van Gogh's "Starry Night" http://www.vangoghgallery.com/painting/starry-night.html . Then some lights inside and some weight in it ..... a night light at the lake!
  • Inetia
    Inetia

After taking off the lid, I laid a jar like this side ways on top of a porch railing, bungee corded it in place, put corn and peanuts in it and watched the squirrels come to dinner.
  • Rebecca Bender
    Rebecca Bender

Remove the label and paint to match your kitchen. (they have wonderful paint for plastic now)
    Paint a label shape in blackboard paint and use it to store any dry good food.
  • Mandy Smith
    Mandy Smith

Put fake snow in it & a snowman or small Christmas trees & a string of tiny, battery operated lights. Paint the lid white. I have mine on a timer & the lights come on for a few hours every night.
  • Ese8934807
    Ese8934807

Fill it up with Christmas Balls or candy