My floor was covered in approx. 1000sq ft of peel 'em stick em tiles. To my dismay there actually was 2 layers of them covering my hardwoods in living and dinning room, the bottom layer glued down by some kind of adhesive that would rip up the wood when I pulled on them. Another 10x14 room was coated in latex paint. So I bought a used rental sander from Home Depot tool rental as I knew it would be cheaper than renting by the day as soon as it went on sale. I used to work there and sometimes they have great deals on used tools. It took a couple months to get these tiles up, often having to use a heat gun and mask and windows wide open in the winter. While I knew they would never be perfect, they are perfect for my home and could not be more pleased with my results.
2 of 13 comments