Our Dining Room Makeover - Fixer Upper Inspired

You know those houses that you go in and you just want to sit and stare at every room? Well, I’m on a mission to make that my house and let me tell you, it has been a slow process. I have conquered 2 of the 6 rooms in our house; the bathroom and living room and I think it’s safe to say I can add room number 3 to the list! Our dining room has been my biggest challenge. I’ve “reworked” this room three times now and I FINALLY got it right! Follow along to see our dining room makeover.
When I first walked into our house, it was a total bachelor pad. Like beer signs everywhere and those awesome pictures with dogs playing poker and stuff… Here are a few pictures of what this room looked like before I started round three! :)
First, I started out by purchasing a new rug and chairs from Wayfair.com; my go to website for home decor.
Then I built a “farmstyle” table and stained it in a light teak color.
After that, I started the shiplap process. 🙂 For this I went to my local lumber yard and had then cut 4×8′ sheets of 1/4″ plywood in 6″ boards. I was able to get 8 boards out of a sheet. I decided to go with the 1/4″ because I didn’t want to have to remove the window trim. Once I had all the base trim taken down and my outlets all unscrewed I was able to start putting the boards up.
Once this was done, I primed everything and applied two coats of white paint. Note: I should have painted my walls white before I put the plywood up.
I had been collecting decor pieces for the reno for quite sometime so once the walls were dry I wasted no time hanging stuff up. :) While I still have plans to build a buffet for the space, I couldn’t wait to share the finished photos with you!
And finally - the full AFTER shot!

• Anita

I love the window & wreath. Where did you buy the window?

• Theresa

how expensive was the wood, say for one wall.?

• Shena Winslow

I paid $10 per board at home depot. Was not a good product. Haphazardlt cut. Looks VERY rustic because boards dont fit together very well. The price was for already primed boards and they wete 8ft long.

• Nancy

where did you get the bench?
    • Karen Stitz Rainey

She got the bench from the table she bought . Then she used the chairs from first table . Giving her 2 benches