Measuring Cup Display

6 materials
Easier access to measuring cups, measuring equivalents and cute kitchen wall decor all in one. After I saw this great idea I had to make it! Turning a great idea into something anyone can do!
Find yourself a cheap, boring print and frame from the thrift store, or reuse one that you are sick of in your house (that is what i did).
Make sure it has a cardboard backing, or similar, something sturdy so you can mount your measuring cups onto it.
This was the back of the frame after I turned the print around.
I ordered the vinyl cuttings from a friend who has a silhouette cutter, and they turned out great! You can buy them off etsy as well, I have found similar designs for 10-15$.
I chose not to paint the back because I liked the color that the backing already had.
I arranged the prints how I wanted them.
I made sure to measure where things were to be placed, to make sure they lined up properly when I applied them.
For the hooks: I used old bamboo pieces from a necklace and staples that fell out as I turned the painting around in the frame. I just hot glued them on and waited for them to dry before I put the cups on.
BE CREATIVE. You don't have to spend a fortune on good ideas.
I have seen others use command hooks, but that wasn't going to work with me because this was a compulsive crafting moment and it was late and stores were closed, so I improvised.
Hot glue and staples.
I was very hesitant to hang this for fear that it would not work, but I did it, and it worked! Everything hanged nicely.

Questions on this post

Your question...
  3 questions

Comments

2 of 65 comments
Next