IKEA HACK: LACK TABLE TO PLAY TABLE

This IKEA LACK table hack was submitted by Becci from Its A Diy Life. She wanted to find a multipurpose play table for her toddler & his friend, but couldn’t find one that had 2 separate sections (as we all know, toddlers don’t like to share!) After seeing some amazing hacks, she decided to do this!
Even on days when her son can’t play with his friend, the tubs can be used in many ways (1 for sand play & 1 for water play for example). -
Materials used:
Plastic tubs
Saw
utility knife
ruler
measuring tape
fablon/contact paper(optional)

How to:
This is the IKEA LACK table I used ($9.99 if bought in the US)
First measure & mark out where your tubs will be placed on the table.
Using a utility knife, score out the shapes (depending on the type of utility knife, you may need a saw to fully cut out the shapes)
Check your tubs fit securely. I bough these clear tubs from a local bargain store. If using clear tubs, tidy up the inside edges using a matching colour Fablon. As you can see from below picture the insides still looked a little messy
She also added Fablon/contact paper to the whole of the table top in case of any water spills during playtime.
And that’s how its made!
CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE IKEA HACKS!
OR CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE HOW I TRANSFORMED AN OLD IKEA KALLAX..THIS ONE FOR MY SONS ROOM

Grillo Designs Members Projects

• Cathy

Great idea.
    Where can I purchase the shirt the child is wearing?

• Linda Abate

Great way to keep little ones entertained while playing in the back yard. I can see a child's table and chair set that is no longer being used turned into this fabulous play area.
  • Linda Abate

Great way to keep little ones entertained. I don't think I know of lone little one that doesn't enjoy playing in the dirt. Using plastic shoe boxes that can be purchased at the dollar store is a good idea. I wonder if the containers could be raised a little so that the container cover can be used to keep the dirt clean. Great job.