Rustic Shelf From Wooden Crate

My granddaughter needed a shelf in her room under her television to put her Wii on. We had built a shelf for the tv, just a flat one from a board, but we wanted to do something a bit different for the underneath one.
These crates are about $10 everywhere, and used for all kind of projects. I decided to cut in in half and make two shelves out of it. I removed the middle slat from the bottom, and the husband cut it for me.
I ended up with two pieces that look like this. I sanded it down and added the removed slat to the front. Then I stained it.
This is my custom stain I used for most projects around the house. It is mostly Minwax Driftwood with a little Ebony stirred in. It goes well with the floors we put in the kids room.
We cut a hole in the bottom for the cords to go through. They would fit through the the other opening, but I wanted the hole closer to the wall. And we put a coat of poly on it.
And here is how it looks underneath the tv shelf. It works well for her Wii, and she can use it as a bookshelf, or for storage later on.
I am now working on coming up with a good cord concealer.

Kelleysgirl