Greens and Winterberry Holly Décor at the Small House

You know how I like a natural, rustic and vintage look for our rurally located Small House....This week I gathered juniper and white pine branches as well as Winterberry Holly and began to design some of our outdoor décor. It feels a bit odd to have holiday colors out with no snow, but it won't be long until the white stuff comes to SW Michigan. It was pleasant to have a nice day to go into the forest to hunt and gather rather than battle the freezing cold and snow! All the details of the "hunt," and more photographs can be found on my blog at http://smallhouseunderabigsky.wordpress.com
greens and winterberry holly d cor at the small house, gardening, seasonal holiday d cor, I started with our vintage copper boiler and added the greens and holly to create a welcoming vignette at our three season porch
I started with our vintage copper boiler and added the greens and holly to create a welcoming vignette at our three-season porch.
greens and winterberry holly d cor at the small house, gardening, seasonal holiday d cor, A wooden whiskey barrel filled with greens and holly greet our guests at the end of the driveway and send a bit of holiday cheer to all who drive by
A wooden whiskey barrel filled with greens and holly greet our guests at the end of the driveway and send a bit of holiday cheer to all who drive by.
greens and winterberry holly d cor at the small house, gardening, seasonal holiday d cor, The view at the three season porch entry way says welcome to our home
The view at the three-season porch entry-way says "welcome to our home!"
greens and winterberry holly d cor at the small house, gardening, seasonal holiday d cor, Nothing like a splash of red to cheer me up Winterberry Holly berries in the garden cart
Nothing like a splash of red to cheer me up! Winterberry Holly berries in the garden cart.

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 16 comments
Next