Turn Your Soda Cans in Winter Decor

$0

I wanted a metal wreath for winter. They are expensive! While thinking about how to make one, I finished a soda pop. Then I was inspired to try something. I started washing out and saving a few cans. Seventeen cans.
The project was easier than I expected! Plus I had everything on hand.
I started with washed out soda cans. Using my crafting scissors, I removed the tops and bottoms of the cans. Then to make the "sheet" of metal lay flat, I rubbed it along the edge of the kitchen counter.
Next, I cut out four basic leaf shapes making 34 leaves. I drew leaves on the computer to print out. Note: I didn't wear gloves, but you can choose to wear gloves.
Then laying the shape on a strip of metal I traced the leaf with a pencil. Then cut out around the indented shape. Note: I didn't wear gloves, but you can choose to wear gloves. Remember "create at your own risk." There is a video on the website too.
So the wreath would read "dr pepper," I spray painted the backs! :)
Using an awl ( or nail would work too ) I made veins on the leaves.
To add color, I used chalked based paints and then alcohol inks. On some leaves, I used only alcohol inks.
Then I hot glued the leaves to a wire wreath frame.
Finished metal leaf wreath. The leaves could be painted in any color. Plus the leaf shapes could be any shapes.
Country Design Style-Jeanette

• Marina

Fantastic idea! Love that it's such a low cost project.

• Sharon

Gorgeou s and elegant. Looks highend. Good job!