Reupholstered Torn Couch!

I got this couch from a neighbor around 4 years ago, it had a little hole at the bottom, but it was definitely better than nothing at the time,
This is how it was when I got it, see the little tear in the middle cushion?!
After 4 years with three little kids it got really worn out, the middle got a real bad hole, at first I tried gluing it at the seam but with time, the leather was getting thinner and thinner and the glue wasn't holding.
I decided I don't have much to lose, and inspired by many hometalkers, I decided to give a try and change the leather on the bottom part of the couch.
I turned the couch over and removed the fabric, there were only 5 screws holding the back and bottom parts together
Here is the bottom part on it's own.
Then I removed the fabric
I used the old fabric as a stencil, and cut out the pieces out of new faux leather I purchased for ~ $27
Then I sewed the pieces together
It was interesting to me how they got the pulling look in between the cushions, (we noticed it when removing the old leather) I added ruching to simulate the look.
Then I started stapling the new leather on to the couch.
And voila, here it is all together again,
much better in my eyes, but now I am thinking of changing the top as well, though it looks much more complicated.

3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Everything Red For Canada Day
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen

• Myrna iagatta

I was so inspired. You are very clever.

• Linda

Hi just thought you might look at what I did with my couch. But I have to say I am totally impressed with what you did and took on. The rub n restore RubnRestor.com team have a way to repair your leather but you could easily use their products to refurbish the top part of the couch and the bottom to complement just a suggestion.