Nancy at Craft Your Happiness
Nancy at Craft Your Happiness
  • Hot Springs National Park, AR

Gift Wrapping Ideas Using Plastic Soda Bottles!

$2

These darling upcycled unique gift containers are so easy to make and are perfect for neighbor gifts. All you need are plastic soda bottles! We have THREE VERSIONS (CHECK OUR OFFICIAL SITE POST ON THE LINKS PROVIDED BELOW) and we'll show you one here.

gift wrapping ideas using plastic soda bottles

Measure and cut your bottle to the size you want. SUPPLIES ⚫Soda Bottles with Straight Sides – 1 or 2 liters depending on size needed ⚫X-acto Knife ⚫Dry Erase Marker ⚫Bell ⚫Ribbon ⚫ Bone Folder (I LOVE this for making creases on my bottles but you can use the end of a butter knife too.)

After measuring and cutting your bottle mark into four even sections using a dry erase marker then press each side down forming a crisp crease. MORE DETAILS ON OUR SITE!

This shows two sides creased.

Do the same to the other two sides.

This makes a perfect box shape!

Measure up approximately 1.5" (for a small bottle) and cut. IMPORTANT: The pointed edges are SHARP so be careful. They need to be curved a bit to prevent being poked!

For the bottom they will be overlapped and folded over and can be glued if desired.

The top is done the same with the edges curved.

They are then overlapped for closing.

We added a strip of gold Washi tape and punched a hole in the top two flaps to tie a ribbon and add a bell!

***CLICK HERE FOR MORE STYLES AND FREE PATTERNS!***

• Plastic soda bottles
  • Ribbon
Nancy at Craft Your Happiness

• Mic14081154

How do you remove the labels from the bottles?

• Sandra Bendickson

Oil. All you need is oil. Vegetable oil works. Any kink of oil takes the label goo of..

• Linda Cooper-Smith

Any ideas whether this would work with old milk bottles and/or laundry soap bottles with some adaptations?

• Hi Linda! Are we talking plastic bottles or glass? Glass won't work of course and unless the plastic bottles have a larger area with straight sides I'm not sure how it would work. You do need those for the creasing part. I'd love to get my hands on a couple of the exact type your have so I could try. Now its possible to use bottles for gifting in another way. Check my other post out below and see if it helps. Good luck from Nancy at Our Peaceful Planet! http://bit.ly/sodabottlegiftholders" target="_blank">http://bit.ly/sodabottlegiftholders

• Claudia

You say to cut down 1.5 " for a small bottle. How did you get that number? What if you're using a 2 liter bottle? 1.5" would leave a hole. Does it not have to be a little over 1/2 the diameter of the bottle in order to overlap? I'm confused.

• That's the amount I cut in for my size bottle that I used and it did have a small hole in the center when I closed the flaps which is just fine. I'd suggest keeping the flaps longer then you can always trim them if they wont' close properly. Also visit the full post on my site, if you didn't already, as it has more photos and details on cutting the flaps. Here's the link: http://bit.ly/giftcontainers Good luck Claudia! ~Nancy, at Our Peaceful Planet