Asked on Dec 7, 2016

How do I get privacy with my front door beautifully?

Sue KieneZabitatGlenda
+7

We have a front door that is paned (18 I think) glass. I've tried handging a linen curtain inside to complement our mission decor, but the dog shreds the curtain in his effort to look out.

I don't not want people to be able to see inside. not sure what do do. Help!
    Janet Pizaro

You can purchase privacy film from Home Depot and cut to your sizing.
    William

Contact paper! Comes in all types of transparent patterns.
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S

I would look at the big box stores for window film...most of these go on with water and come off with water (they also carry a "solution" that you can use). These would be better than contact paper because they have no glue. But leave at least 1 of two panes where the dog can look out!
  • DD 66
    DD 66

I have a similar door and went to Lowes and got the window film with a slight decoration on it , like etched glass , but you can tell who is at the door without the person really seeing in. It works great winter and summer. My door gets REALLY hot in the summer and I haven't had any problems in 3 years.
  • Glenda
    Glenda

Amazon has beautiful print films with motifs such as a design from a Klimt. These are very affordable and look like you have stained glass.
  • Zabitat
    Zabitat

You can replace the glass with one that matches your stile. Based on the comments, you have a typical 18 Light insert in a steel or fiberglass door. I'm guessing it is an 8 foot door and the frame size holding the glass in place is 24" x 82" or 22" x 82", which are standard sizes. The clear glass is held in place with a frame. The attached image has a 12 light insert(24 x 50") that was changed out to a decorative glass insert. You can purchase one for your 18 light insert as well.
    , After Image 24 x 50 Paris
    • Karen
      Karen

Thanks. I am sorry if I didn't mention that our door is the original wood door but I'll see if I can find inserts because that is a great idea!
  • Sue Kiene
    Sue Kiene

Privacy film. You can see out but no one can see in.