Style Resurrection
Style Resurrection
  • Denmark

Upcycle a Cable Spool Into a Bedside Table

Today I want to share a super easy upcycle project I made from an old electrical spool. I found it difficult to find the perfect height table to style next to my platform bed. This electrical cable spool once repurposed worked a treat.
upcycle a cable spool into a bedside table, painted furniture
First of all I spray painted it white and left it over night to dry.
I hotglued thick felt to the base and then I upcycled a rope handle from an old beach bag to add some interest.
I then upcycled an old photo frame into a tray and spray painted a little container to make everything fit together. Check out my video for my step by step in action.

• White spray paint
  • Thick felt
  • Hot glue
Style Resurrection

• Fho3960399

The old spools I have have bolts in them. Did yours? And how do you remove them?

• Style Resurrection

I covered the bottom bolts with a thick felt to protect my floors. Then I used the tray to cover the bolts on top.

• Edie Zsuzsics

Where can I find cable spools?

• Ann Bell

I live very near a tv cable company, and they are always throwing them out near their dumpster...free for the taking (I did ask, first, however!) and now I can get the cable rolls plus wooden pallets in great condition. Try finding a cable tv company near where you live.

• Mar8218158

How tall is this?

• Jean Myles

Great idea Thanks for sharing

• Carla

My sister had this great ottoman, I wanted one... my husband found a wire wheel about 23 or so inches across and cut it down to height that I wanted and put it back together . Started by covering the outside with chicken wire and then two inch foam over that. The top was 4 inch foam, then made the cover and added a large 3 inch button to the center. Covered the bottom with oil cloth. Added fringe around and wala... a ottoman was born....