DIY: Personalized Air Freshener Gift for Under $5

$4.07

Just in time for Christmas! This little personalized stocking stuffer is sure to bring a smile to your BFF, sister, daughter, mother, co-worker, sorority sister….your options are limitless! Give a gift this holiday season with memories and meaning!
diy personalized air freshener gift for under 5
First, gather all your supplies together...
Let’s Get Started:
Jar 1-SISTERS
STEP 1: Take a hammer and nail, poke about 8 holes in your glass pint ball jar lid.
Be careful when doing this step, take your time, you do not want to accidentally hit your finger with the hammer…OUCH…yes I’ve done this before. I’m sure I’m not the only one and others can relate!
STEP 2: Cut out 2inches from your tissue paper, fold it in half and cut it in the shape of a heart.
I used traditional Christmas colors, which are red and green, but you can definitely jazz up your jar and do something totally out of the box. Decorating the jar, with the person’s favorite color you plan to give the jar to, will definitely make this a personalized gift!
STEP 3: Use a paintbrush to apply Mod Podge to your jar then place heart shaped tissue paper around the jar. Add a second coat of Mod Podge over tissue paper.
Be sure to overlap the heart shaped tissue paper when placing on your jar. Doing this will help you cover the entire jar and no glass will show….
Let it dry over night!
Now that you have gotten a good night’s sleep, it is time to check to see if your jar is dry…and it is!
STEP 4: Embellish with decorative stickers. Since I am giving this to my sister as a Christmas present, I spelled out SISTERS. Open the jar and add your scented wax!
My sister’s favorite candle scent is vanilla, so I used vanilla scented wax. I cannot wait to give this to my sister for Christmas I know she is going to love it!
Thank you so much for taking the time to view and read this tutorial! I hope you have been inspired and will take this idea, run with it, and add your own creativity!
Click on the "To See More" link below for the full step-by-step video tutorial and supply list which can be found on my Miss PlanIt blog!
While there, check out more of my easy, cost effective DIY ideas!
XOXO MissPlanIt,
“When Every Penny Counts, Count on MissPlanIt"
Miss PlanIt

• Jenna

Can you use baby food jars instead?

• Touchedpainter

You can use any type of container. I spray paint plastic food tubs to use as bowls under plant pots & I make macrame plant hangers & use spray painted plastic anything, even store bought Angelfood cake domes, under the pots in the hanger so no water drains out on the floor.

• Michelle Buttress

Once this is done can they melt the scented wax in the jars or do they just leave the wax as is?

• Rebecca Marsh

Doesn't the wax lose its scent eventually?

• K204428505

very nice! thank you for ideas!

• Nancy

I saw this project before. I ordered a dozen grated cheese jars with lids that have holes in them...much neater that the canning jar lids! I filled the jars with baking sofa and several drops of various essential oil. If you set the. On the baseboard heat ina corner, it really gives off a great aroma.